Blame it on the book I’m reading and one too many Jordan Peterson sound bites, but this month is all about enjoying cooking for myself and the fam — as much as possible, anyways (we are not robots). Starting early, cleaning as I go, inviting helpers, and making the most of it because it’s something we do daily that holds heaps of value and deserves the time and attention. Hoping this perspective will help keep the train rolling on days that I lack motivation. To keep from burning out or when time (and the carpool schedules) simply don’t allow for a home cooked meal, I’ll be pulling audibles and swapping recipes for leftover, freezer, or takeout night. It’s also the last month before the spring and summer cuisines kick in and comfort food takes a backseat, which is also good motivation. Keep scrolling for a full month of meals and be sure to follow along on Instagram where I usually break it down week-by-week on stories!
- Monday: Pesto Chicken and Avocado Bacon Salad Wraps.
- Tuesday: OG Ground Beef (or Turkey) Tacos and Toppings
- Wednesday: Breakfast for Dinner (Crepes!!! Here’s how to make them without a crepe pan.).
- Thursday: Slow Cooker Beef Curry.
- Friday: Pizza Night and a Yummy Salad.
- Saturday: Juicy Oven Baked Chicken, Buttered Noodles, and Roasted Veggie of Choice!
- Sunday: Sausage Tortellini Soup (this was a huge hit when we tried it a few weeks ago and so simple!)
- Monday: Tuna/Chicken Melt Sandwiches (this recipe looks good), Sliced Fruit, and Leftover Soup.
- Tuesday: Sheet Pan Fajitas (always a hit!)
- Wednesday: Pizza Night and THIS Salad :)
- Thursday: Spicy Salmon Maki Bowls
- Friday – St. Patrick’s Day: Shepherd’s Pie (this one is time consuming, but pretty sure costco has a ready made version!)
- Saturday: Pulled Pork Sliders
- Sunday: Butternut Squash Soup with Crème Fraîche and Fried Sage (I want to marry this recipe, but I know it isn’t all that family friendly so serve with leftover sliders!)
- Monday: Lazy Girl Lasagna
- Tuesday: Chicken Chili Verde (or This Version!)
- Wednesday: Warm Farro Harvest Bowl
- Thursday: Homemade Chicken Pad Thai
- Friday: Pizza and Cacio E Pepe Brussels Sprouts
- Saturday: Baked Spaghetti (good for mom points!)
- Sunday: Cabbage Soup
- Monday: Homemade Mac and Cheese (or Beecher’s from Costco/Grocery Store)
- Tuesday: Party Nachos (start with this carnitas recipe, then layer on all the yummy toppings over tortilla chips: cheese, sour cream, black beans, onion, avocado, cilantro, and cotjita cheese)
- Wednesday: Muffin Tin Meatloaf
- Thursday: 10-Minute Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry (she had me at 10 minutes)
- Friday: Pizza and a Chicken Caesar or Mediterranean Salad (takeout?)
- Saturday: This Steak Salad Looks Good, or make Sliders!
- Sunday: Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Soup
- Avocado Toast with Fried Egg and Toppings
- Protein Shake and Waffles and Strawberries
- Overnight Oats
- Omelets and Smoothie
- Pancakes (need to try a protein pancake and see if kids like… wish me luck!
- Smoothie Bowls
- Jennifer Aniston Salad (make a batch to eat all week… I’ll probably add chicken to it!)
- Ravioli’s or Tortellini’s
- Turkey and Salami Sandwiches
- PB&J Sandwiches
- Popcorn (always)
- Fries and Dip (or loaded)
- Costco Flautas (used to serve as a main meal, but between growing teenagers and sports picking up, they are now classified as a snack, lol)
- Protein Shake
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Fruit: apples, strawberries, cantaloup, bananas, grapefruit, oranges/cuties
- Veggies: cucumber, baby carrots, peppers, broccoli
- Crackers, Cheese, Salami
- Homemade Pizza Rolls
Since March has already started and I didn’t put together a plan for this week, I’m going to pick up with the end of week four menu and then start with week one on Monday!