If you like Thai food and checking dinner off your to-do list before 10am, then this recipe is for you. It’s also easy to accommodate picky eaters by simply switching up how you serve it. Let m know if you try it by leaving a comment or tagging me @raeannkelly.
SLOW COOKER THAI CHICKEN SOUP OVER NOODLES
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (I like red!)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced (or use ginger paste)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons aminos or soy sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cans coconut milk
- Juice from 1 lime
- 8 ounces rice vermicelli, cooked according to package directions just before serving dinner… YOU WILL NOT BE ADDING THIS TO THE SLOW COOKER!
- TOPPINGS: lime wedges, sautéed mushrooms, cilantro, cherry tomatoes halved or quartered, black pepper
- Add carrots, bell pepper, onion, ginger, garlic, red curry paste, rice vinegar, aminos or soy sauce, chicken stock, and chicken to your slow cooker. Season lightly with salt and pepper (you can add more later). Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4.
- Remove the chicken thighs and shred using two forks. Return the chicken to the slow cooker, then add coconut milk and lime, and stir (yum! My favorite part!). Cook noodles according to package directions while the coconut milk warms.
- To serve, pour soup over noodles and top as desired… see suggestions above!