At this point in winter, if my day involves running errands, carpooling kids, doing laundry, cooking, cleaning, answering emails and/or working from home on the computer (which is most days), it probably also involves some cozy sweats. Honestly, this time of year, it’s a matter of survival imo. With that in mind, I couldn’t resist sharing a quick roundup of options to help get you and the kids through winter and into spring, where they’ll also be handy for travel, sports, evening walks, and casual friend hangs (among other things). Keep scrolling for all our favorites as well as an idea I have for spring!
FAVORITE PLACES TO SHOP FOR SWEATS
- LULULEMON: The softstreme top and bottoms (a black set would be handy to have) looks soft and dreamy for a day at home, spectating, traveling, or running errands. Also love the scuba hoodie and joggers.
- MADEWELL: These sweats are so cute and on sale! Easily the softest sweatpants and sweatshirt I own (also on sale). Love the look and fit of this crew neck.
- ALO: Love the accolade sweatpants (they have a straight leg option too!), sweat short, skirt (I’ll be snagging when they restock sizes!), hoodie, and crew neck. You can also shop sets! Don’t forget a pair of socks :)
- ZSUPPLY: A classic gym sweatpant and sweatshirt in a lighter (spring-ish) weight.
- ADANOLA: Shop all Adanola sweats HERE (the size search option comes in handy!). Their sets are great together or mix and matched with leggings… I like how the mediums fit in leggings, tank, and sweats, but also have a small sweatshirt from them that works! You already know how much I love their stuff so I’ll spare you! Shop everything here and be sure to use the search options (size and color) along the left side. Their medium size in leggings, bras, and tops fit me best. I prefer the regular length in their leggings, but can do the tall — they’re just a bit baggy around the ankle.
SWEATS FOR THE KIDS:
- NIKE: An obvious choice!
- J.CREW: Can’t get over their current spring break edit… so cute and on sale!
- NORDSTROM: They carry so many good brands, but we also love their personal label for kids basics (pants, tees, sweatshirts) — good quality and price point!
- ATHLETA (for the girls): The price is crazy, but the quality and fit is always good! This tennis skirt is a must.
- PACSUN: Their kids line is pretty cute!
OUTFIT DETAILS: SWEATPANTS / SWEATSHIRT sold out, but there’s a MATCHING HOODIE / SNEAKERS (love that they’re back in style)
GRIFF OOTD: SWEATPANTS (40% of rn!) / SWEATSHIRT (LOVE THIS ONE TOO, both gender neutral) / VANS / TEE
Griff has decided to grow an inch every month (or so it seems) so I’ve started buying his clothes two sizes up and let’s just say, it’s a good thing oversized stuff is in style or I’d feel kinda bad about it!
As much as I’m soaking up all the days in leisure wear, I cannot wait for spring styles and am debating putting together a CAPSULE that would include 30 pieces and 30 days of outfits. What do you think!?