Today we’re taking a simple spring mix salad and giving it a delicious twist with parmesan roasted chickpeas, fresh lemon juice, pumpkin seeds, and diced avocado. Serve as a side salad or add bites of rotisserie chicken to make it more filling. My favorite part about this salad is that it doesn’t require much chopping or a store bought dressing. Full recipe is below… Let me know if you give it a try @raeannkelly or in the comments!
SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS SPRING MIX SALAD WITH PARMESAN ROASTED CHICKPEAS, AVOCADO, AND LEMON
- 1 5 oz container of spring mix
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans)
- 1 large avocado, diced
- parmesan cheese, grated (for roasting chickpeas + to top)
- pumpkin, sunflower, or other seed/nut (to top)
- olive oil to taste (for roasting chickpeas + dressing)
- juice from 1 lemon (for dressing)
- 2 cups diced rotisserie chicken (optional)
- S + P (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Drain, rinse, and dry chickpeas. In a small baking dish, chickpeas with olive oil, grated parmesan, and salt + pepper. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss together spring mix, avocado, parmesan, seeds, juice from 1 lemon, olive oil (to taste), and S+P (also to taste). Add chickpeas and rotisserie chicken (if using), toss and serve!
A FEW OTHER RECIPES TO TRY:
- HONEY WHIPPED GOAT CHEESE WITH SLICED APPLES & BREAD
- MY ALMOST FAMOUS ARUGULA + PESTO SALAD
- EASY ROASTED VEGGIE, SWEET POTATO, AND MEAT BOWLS WITH ARUGULA, AVOCADO, AND GOAT CHEESE
- Salad Tongs (these are cute too!)
- Mini metal trays
- Pink mixing bowl
- Can’t find my speckled bowl, but these or these are always a fun option!
- Couldn’t find the dishtowel but how cute is this striped one and this “cheers” one!? (Anthro always has the best!)
- Love these prep bowls
👆🏽For pinning, if you want!
I have few talents in life, but one of them is salad making (true story). The mixing of textures and flavors (mint the cooking, lol) has always come easily to me. When it comes to whipping something up in the kitchen, is there anything that comes easily to you? Or maybe a dish that you’re known for? I’ve always been super envious of people who have a knack for baking. Something about having to measure (and not just with my heart) that I find challenging, lol.
I made this yesterday! SO GOOD. I’ve roasted chickpeas lots of times, but never with parm. Delish.
Yay! So glad you liked it! xx