What a wild ride October was! Then I blinked and we’re already a week into November… YIKES! While our fall bucket list was pretty minimal this year (insert sigh of relief), I’m feeling determined to fit in all the festive things between now and the New Year. As I mentioned in the previous meal plan, a busy schedule makes for pretty unpredictable meals (and energy levels) so while I share, I never want you to think that the week always goes exactly as planned, especially when life gets hectic. Here’s a couple things I do to take the pressure off while still keeping things functional. 1. I only buy enough groceries for 2 dinners (3 tops!) at a time. That way, if we skip a day, everything is still fresh enough to cook (no waste!). 2. I pick a couple really easy dinners to have on hand as options. Cereal absolutely counts in a pinch (read: moment of exhaustion) but Trader Joes fried rice, Costco Flautas, Pre-cooked Steak, and Pulled Pork, Ravioli’s and jarred sauces, Chicken Nuggets and Veggies to roast, and Quesadillas or Snack Platters are my go to swaps! Having them on standby always pays off.
Enough rambling (and probably repeating myself)… here’s the meal plan for the week:
- MONDAY: Chili and Cornbread. (I usually use this turkey chili recipe and make a box of Jiffy mix, but the pretzels from the post linked are calling my name!)
- TUESDAY: Classic Tacos (ground beef) with topping, tortilla shell options, and fancied up Smoothies for fun.
- WEDNESDAY: Breakfast for dinner! I’m thinking Muffin Tin Egg Cups since we’ll have Taco toppings leftover.
- THURSDAY: Simple Beef and Broccoli with Potstickers.
- FRIDAY: Family Night! Favorite Soup and Grilled Cheese. All my soup recipes here and hoping to share a tomato soup later this week.
- YAY! SATURDAY!: Eat Out or Baked Potatoes with all the fixings.
- SUNDAY: Slow Cooker Saucy Sunday Bolognese.
- BREAKKIE: Breakfast Tacos, Chia Seed Pudding, and Oatmeal
- LUNCH: Turkey and Salami Sandwiches, Sliced Fruit, Chips, and a piece of Halloween Candy
- SNACK: In the mood for Baked Goods – Pumpkin Buckle, Peanut Butter Oat Cocoa Bars, Waffle Churros, Chocolate Chip Scones, Not Too Sweet Chocolate Bread, Chocolate Chip Cookies
Here’s to soaking up all the goodness this week.
P.S. – Save the blank meal plan (below) to fill-in and share on socials, with friends, or save on your phone! We also have a printable option HERE you can laminate! Tag me if you share on Stories @raeannkelly.