Today we’re giving you the BEST reason to double your waffle making this weekend! Turn all the extras into yummy (and sweet) churros! This dish also includes a recipe for chocolate dipping sauce you can use to top ice cream, drizzle over apples, or stir into milk! Say no more, right!? Recipe below.
WAFFLE CHURROS RECIPE
- Your favorite waffles! Cut into strips depending on size. Ours were made in a mini heart waffle maker so we halved them.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Chocolate Sauce: (makes extra!)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Vanilla extracts 1 teaspoon
- Measure out and prep all of your ingredients! Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Place butter in a shallow dish, too.
- Toast your waffles in the toaster or in the oven on broil, both sides! Don’t skip this step or your churros will be soggy 😜. Cut into strips or halves depending on size of your waffles.
- Start your chocolate sauce! Heat water and sugar in a small sauce pan until sugar has dissolved. Pour in half & half and let simmer. Add chocolate chips and vanilla and stir until smooth. Spoon into bowls for dipping. Store the rest in a jar and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- Time to assemble the churros! Dip each waffle piece into the melted butter and then coat in the cinnamon and sugar mix. Continue until all the churros are done. Serve with your warm chocolate sauce. YUM!
*This recipe was adapted from the candid appetite. So many fun recipes on his site!
Would love to know if you make a batch of churros — comment below or tag me @raeannkelly.
What kind of recipes would you like to see more of!? Dinner ideas? Healthy snacks? Cooking with kids? Salads?
Let me know!