Hello November! After such a challenging year, you can bet we’ll be filling up on the gratitude this month offers and reaping the joy that comes with it. Keep scrolling for more inspiration!
- ON THE MOOD BOARD FOR NOVEMBER: Forced family fun (they always thank me after), candles and simple table-scapes that look even more charming after everyone has eaten, staycation planning (including pizza and wine in bed!), a nod to last years November edit, all the toasts and celebrations, a November pin up girl for the amusement, and Princess Diana because I love how she made her own rules, prioritized motherhood and family, took advantage of opportunities, knew what she wanted, and was (seemingly at least) full of grace, affection, and wit. The kind of legacy I hope I’m able to leave and just a solid way to wrap up the year. Can’t think of a better recipe for a really, really good month!
- WEARING – THE FEELING IS NEUTRAL, BEBE: Can you even believe this palette? So out of character and I’m sure I’ll be back to wanting color in December (like this sweater), but this just feels right this month! Favorite places to find basics and neutrals: Alo (30% off today!), Reformation, Anine Bing, ADANOLA, and Aritzia.
- AROUND THE HOUSE: We put Halloween away this past week, holiday music has been added to the queue (mostly at night), and am in the process of convincing Johan that the exterior Christmas lights should go up this Friday (wish me luck!). I’ll be sprinkling some festive decor around the house a little bit at a time, but we always wait to decorate the tree and hang stockings until after Thanksgiving. Currently on the hunt for a fake tree we can throw lights on and then move to the basement once our real tree arrives (maybe this one). Also purchased this activity advent calendar, and have a few things in my Anthropologie shopping cart: this pillow, season’s eatings cutting/serving board, a pretty glass tree, a Santa dish towel, all the candles and holders, this fun throw, and another one of these blankets to add to our collection, too.
- INTENTIONS: So cliche and I know I’m repeating myself, but just loads of gratitude on my mind this month! Purchased these notebooks (on sale) for the fam so we can make daily lists. Also want to be sure and share in writing or thoughtfulness, just how much we appreciate those who have supported our family this year… It has come in many forms and there are probably lots who have no idea what they have meant to us in this season. Also want to be intentional about being consistent (despite the business of the next couple months) with the things that are working well for us such as, Saturday Morning Meetings with Johan (I’ll explain later this week), keeping up with our calendar, my workout classes, early bedtimes, and limited screen time.
- WELLNESS GOALS: To feel better, stronger, and healthier on January 1st than I did on November 1st. Consistency and self discipline, with a heaping side of grace (because you know there will be some indulging and off days). No plans of hitting pause on goals until the New Year… limiting alcohol and staying consistent with the day to day will be my focus! If you’re in need of some encouragement in this area all I can say is, start now! Start with a friend. Start with one thing a day. Start and do it imperfectly. You’ll be feeling so thankful you did when the clock strikes 12 on NYE. I know this because it is my story from this last year and everyday that went by, I was thankful that I didn’t wait until after the Holidays.
- NOVEMBER PLAYLIST: A Friendsgiving mix tape because we’ll need something to listen to while getting together with friends this month. I just started it so will be adding more as the day goes on… Hope you love it!
What are you hoping for this month!?