Today I’m sharing our favorite way to make chia seed pudding as well as a quick hack for those that don’t love the seedy texture. This recipe is so simple, good, and packed with nutrients, it’s a no-brainer to try! It’s also a great (healthy) way to cure your sweet tooth. We love topping ours with berries, banana slices, nut butter, chocolate chips, and shaved coconut. Let me know if you give it a try (@raeannkelly or in the comments)!
SUPER SIMPLE 5-INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE CHIA SEED PUDDING RECIPE
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (add 2 more tablespoons if blending*)
- 1 cup milk of choice (I prefer coconut but everyone else likes almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 splash vanilla extract
- TOPPINGS: berries, banana, shaved coconut, seed/nut butter, chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc.
- Add all ingredients together in a 12 oz (or larger) glass, jar, or container. Whisk well.
- Let sit for 10-ish minutes, then whisk again (or cover and shake).
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remover from fridge, spoon into serving bowl or glass, top with whatever suits your fancy (ideas above!), and enjoy!
- *If wanting a smoother consistency, add ingredients to a blender (including 2 extra tablespoons of chia seeds) and blend until combined. Pour into container or jar, cover and refrigerate as explained above!
SOURCES: Shop mini sheet pan tray, here. Glasses are from Crate & Barrel and are on sale! So handy and double as food storage when you add the lids!
Have you tried chia seed pudding yet?
P.S. – A few more recipes you might enjoy: energy bites, my famous arugula salad, and these peanut butter bars.
Leave a Reply