Sharing Tilly’s most requested dinner recipes, today! It’s also the perfect dish to add to your spring and summer meal rotation as the flavors are bright, fresh, and citrusy! As always, let me know in the comments or @raeannkelly, if you try this recipe and what you think!
GROUND TURKEY LETTUCE CUPS:
We like to serve with rice and sometimes tortilla chips for the picky eaters!
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 5 limes)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 yellow, orange, or red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 small shallots, diced (or thinly sliced if you’re into that :)
- 1/4 cup minced lemongrass (about 1 – 4 inch piece of lemongrass, or use the lemongrass paste)
- 1-1/2 pound ground turkey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh mint leaves, chopped (to garnish and top)
- Lime wedges (to garnish and top)
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated, washed, and dried
- Squeeze and measure lime and lemon juice (best tool for the job!). Add to a small bowl along with the honey, and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a large bottom pot (love this one!) or skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, shallots, and lemongrass. Cook until veggies begin to soften – about 5 minutes. Add the turkey and cook, breaking apart meat and stirring frequently, until everything is cooked through – about 7 minutes.
- Add the citrus and honey dressing to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon turkey mixture into lettuce leaves, top with mint and extra lime as desired, and eat up!
*Adapted from Giada’s Thai Turkey Lettuce Cups recipe.