Feeling that winter fatigue setting in lately! In need of more sunshine, less laundry (because fewer layers), outdoor eating, and a little pep in everyone’s step. Hoping that at the very least, that I’ve used the couple months wisely – to rest, reset, declutter, etc. – but (let’s be honest) I could probably use one more month of winter if I’m being honest, lol. Anyways, enough of my random thoughts, let’s hop into my 5 things and a couple outfits from the weekend that include some Target Style, and a new closet staple!
- WATCHING: Inventing Anna, Reacher, and (you already know it) Mrs. Maisel.
- LOVING: the launch of our design studio – THE CLUB! If you have any design needs, please hit us up! I’ll keep ya lovely babes in the loop when the podcast goes live. I’m pretty sure I said March 1st, but definitely meant April 1st… or maybe June 1st. 🤦🏽♀️
- FAM BAM: gearing up for a busy sports season for everyone!
- LIFE: Still living in limbo over here as far as Johan’s work, fire department, and lawsuit are concerned which is probably one of the more painful parts of the last 6 months (for me). Nothing like dealing with the fallout on an emotional level and then adding financial stress on top of it. Tired of having no idea what next month, let alone next school year, etc. is going to look like. Not that life is ever a guarantee, but it always feels good to make plans and then adjust as you go instead of winging it. Don’t get me wrong, I still believe in God’s goodness and sovereignty in the situation! He has never promised that it would be easy (actually quite the opposite) but put a fork in this girl! Ya know!? I know it’s small potatoes compared to the things happening in the world, but believing this for all of humanity — “I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born, says the Lord.” -Isaiah 66:9
- SOMETHING FUN: Griff went to a Toby Mac concert with a friend last week and now all my kids can talk about is finding concerts to go to. Anyone know how to find out what kind of concerts are in your area? Is Ticketmaster still a thing? LOL. I LOVED going to concerts when I was younger, but we’ve always been more of a sporting event crew when it comes to entertainment. Might be time to mix it up a bit!
OUTFIT NO. 1 |
- Sweatpants: Size down if in between, but they do shrink a bit after washing. A New Day has several different sweatpants styles and colors to choose from!
- Sweatshirt: Lots of cute sweatshirts too! Sizing details same as the sweatpants.
- Denim jacket: Wearing a medium.
- Sneakers: Converse are sold out everywhere, but found the converse website to have the best selection of styles and sizes. Would probably snag the platform version and just purchased these.
- Claw clips: Favorite places to find claw clips is Anthro and Urban Outfitters! Target has some cute ones, too!
OUTFIT NO. 2 |
- Sweater: Love everything & Other Stories (they have me at “SPRING IN PARIS”… why do I want this sweater and this cardigan, so bad!?) and also love that Nordstrom carries some of their stuff to which makes returns/exchanges, so easy!
- Denim: Here they are in a lighter wash or similar in black. Can’t get enough of Agolde denim… best investment ever! Just bought these (without the distressing) and have these in my shopping cart!
- Hat: I’ve always like this LA hat and the Clare V. hats, too.
- Purse (on sale!): Love the detail of the strap and shape – so fun without being over the top. Have never had a Madewell bag I didn’t love.
- Sneakers: I was getting tired of waiting for a black and white pair of dunks to be in stock and reasonably priced, so made my own pair of dupes out of the custom Air Force 1’s! So easy to make your own design and for the same price as a non-custom pair.
Cashing in on the years of piggie backs I’ve given Griff, lol.