Want to know my best mom hack for bedtime? Get ready WITH the kids! Sets everyone up for success since kids tend to follow the leader and then (as a bonus) the second after the kids are tucked in, I’m ready to enjoy that nightcap/bowl of ice cream/netflix series/husband. WIN, WIN!
Not only has it added some structure to my own nighttime routine – the diffusers get filled, my face get’s washed, the daytime sweats get changed out of (lol), etc. – but it has kept me off my phone and falling asleep earlier. Did you know our willpower dwindles as the day goes on, so it gets more and more difficult to make good decisions? Basically, the longer you wait to get ready, the harder it is to do it well!
Linking our pjs, and a few others I found, as added incentive to get your nighttime routine started early!
LESS DRAMA, MORE PAJAMA:
- black set (comes in lots of color options, fits tts),
- poppy’s p.j. set is petite plume and she loves it… so many cute options for spring and summer.
- this free people set is 50% off, available in all sized, and so cute!
- also available in navy
- love the blue option in this set
- might need this set (so cute!)
- and the pretzel, taxi, and cherries included in this pattern, too
- adding these boyfriend boxers and oversized tee to cart… they look beyond comfy to sleep and lounge in
Participating in the bedtime routine instead of just facilitating it (i.e. giving all the reminders!), makes it slightly more enjoyable and twice as productive! Highly recommend!