Happy Thursday and almost Easter!!! Before we head into an unusual holiday weekend, we wanted to be sure and share a yummy recipe that we’ve had lots of fun making (+ eating) the last couple weeks — BUNNY TRACKS HOMEMADE ICE CREAM! It’s basically no fail and doesn’t require an ice cream maker. All you need is a hand or stand mixer, a few basic ingredients and your favorite Easter candy. This recipe can also be easily adapted depending on the holiday (ghost tracks, anyone?) or your current treat obsession (circus cookies would be fun!). With everything we’ve had to give up lately, it’s a good reminder that… there is still ice cream. PTL!
BUNNY TRACKS HOMEMADE ICE CREAM (NO CHURN)
- 1-1/4 cup (same amount that’s in a 14oz can) sweetened condensed milk
- splash (or 2 teaspoons) of vanilla
- cadbury mini eggs (or your favorite candy/treat), chopped (we hit ours with a rolling pin :)
- 2-3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
plus 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream (to make the ganache)
- 2/3 cup (about 1/3 bag) favorite chocolate chips (also for the ganache)
- supplies: 9×9 inch pan or loaf pan, hand mixer or stand mixer, the best ice cream scooper
- If you have a kitchen helper or a stand mixer, pour 2-3/4 cup whipping cream and splash of vanilla into a large bowl and beat on high until it thickens and peaks form, just like you’re making whipped cream.
- While that whips, let’s make the ganache! Pour 1/4 cups whipping cream into small sauce pan and bring to a bubbly simmer. Pour chocolate chips in and let sit for a minute before stirring together.
- When cream is fully whipped, fold in the sweetened condensed milk until combined, being careful not to mix too much… you want as much air left in the whip as possible!
- In a 9×9 inch or loaf pan (we used this one), scoop out half of the whipped mixture, drizzle with half of ganache and candy… swirl with the tip of a knife. Repeat with the second half of whip + ganache and top with the remaining candy.
- Cover and place in freezer for 4-6 hours or overnight before serving!
Seriously going to miss the community egg hunts and seeing everyone in their easter dresses, but this yummy recipe almost makes up for it! If you end up whipping up a batch or two of bunny trails ice cream make sure to post on Stories and tag me @raeannkelly!
Now if anyone has a good cinnamon roll recipe, please share!