Feeling a little burnt out on the parenting front lately. I blame it on the winter weather, cabin fever from being indoors (and on top of each other), and a generally frustration with trying to limit screens and increase vegetable intake. This morning my despair lead me down a rabbit hole of pictures and videos of the kids — mostly in the summer, in the sunshine, out and about, in the water, or running around at baseball games. It was just the reminder I needed, that life isn’t always like this… cold, kinda boring, and a little tiring. We’re just in a season and while all of them are exhausting, they’re not all as blah (for lack of a better word) as I’m feeling right now.
The upside of winter is that it gives us the space to dream about what we want, purge what’s not working (habits, belongings, approaches, etc.), and plan for the months ahead (they will be here before we know it!).
Already starting to like winter a little more, lol.
For anyone that’s feeling similarly (and needs a little boost), I’ve rounded up all the parenting posts I could find, below. Hopefully there’s something helpful or encouraging for you!
(I mean, we miss summer, right? Pics from last summer with the addition of Ozzie’s friends as bonus big brothers)
PARENTING POST ROUNDUP:
- HOUSE RULES
- THOUGHTS ON BEING A PLAYFUL “SPARKY” MOM
- NO SCREENS NOVEMBER + HOW WE MANAGE DEVICES
- 10 SIMPLE WAYS TO MAKE ROAD TRIPS LESS AWFUL
- FAQ: WHAT PARENTING BOOKS DO YOU RECOMMEND?
- PARENTING HACK: EARLY RISER ACTIVITY BASKET
- POSITIVE PARENTING + A TICKET JAR!!!
- RAISING BRAVE KIDS + HORSEBACK RIDING WITH TILLY
- AN ACTS OF KINDNESS PRINTABLE FOR THE FAM
- A LAIDBACK + KID FRIENDLY SUMMER CHORE + ACTIVITY CHART YOU CAN DOWNLOAD (PRINTABLE PDF)
- 25 SIMPLE DATES TO DO WITH YOUR KIDS
- RAISING SELF SUFFICIENT KIDS + A DONUT OUTING
- 5 TIPS FOR RAISING CONFIDENT KIDS
- MOM PRAYERS
- HAPPY WEEKEND + MOM PRESSURE.
- OH FUDGE: 5 POTTY TRAINING TIPS, A SURVIVAL KIT, + POOP EMOJI CUPCAKES
- THAT MOM LIFE + HAPPY FRIDAY.
- 5 WAYS TO TURN AROUND A BAD DAY
So much sweetness to be found on the other side of struggle. Maybe you can’t have one without the other? Maybe we’d miss it if we didn’t have to work so hard to get there? Maybe half the battle is that, while we raise our kids, we’re also continuing to raise ourselves (in a way)? Either way, I’m so thankful for it.
I love you guys and hope you have a good day!
P.S. – Been thinking about putting together a parenting guide of sorts – either in writing or video and including worksheets – just sharing what I’ve learned and what has worked, after 22 years of raising humans (crazy!). Is that something you’d be interested in? I just remember wishing there was something more than a book I could read… Something a little more interactive and intentional. Let me know what you think!?
YES to the parenting guide! :)
Thank you! Had followed you since time without kids. Now I have one. And all this time your blog are supporting and inspiring.