After months of wearing mostly loungewear (as cute and fashionable as it can be) without the occasional fancy dinner date, special event, or girl’s night to break things up, I think I’ve finally hit a wall. A girl needs some glitter, frills, and maybe even some heels (gasp!) in her life and I needed some, like yesterday, please! Hoping my family will join me in getting fancy and festive on Christmas Eve; Even though the only party we’ll be attending is in the comfort of our family room…. so far the girls are totally onboard!
Regardless, I don’t think any of us have to wait for a special occasion or official holiday to fancy up our everyday basics. Here’s four ways to spruce up a basic sweatshirts (like the gray one I’m wearing!), turtleneck, or tee!
- ACCESSORIES ARE YOUR BFF: Add fun jewelry — even dainty pieces do the trick when you layer them! A fun headband, clip, or scrunchie is an easy addition too. Wearing these necklaces (here and here), these hoops, and the cutest bracelets from a friend!
- A LITTLE GLAM: Never underestimate the power of a fresh face (have you made some glow serum, yet!?), a little blush, and (if you’re feeling wild) some color on your lips!
- A GOING OUT LAYER: Like this faux-fur cropped coat! It’s not what I would normally grab to wear over my grey sweatshirt but I think it adds a little unexpected twist to an otherwise basic outfit. Plus, anytime I can get extra wear out of the “dress-up” section of my closet is a wardrobe win for me!
- DO SOMETHING JUST A LITTLE FANCY: I know I’m a broken record about my love for a well-planned happy hour or date night at home. Throw in a good Spotify playlist and those colorful lips and you have just enough fancy to get you through the week… or day, lol. Either way, it does wonders for a girl in need of a little pizzazz!
- This coat and I’m obsessed (the reviews say the sleeves are short but I’m 5’7″ and don’t have that problem — wearing a small)
- This sweatshirt (wearing a small — so cozy and perfect, but there is a little bulk around the bottom because of the pockets which might bother some)
- These jeans (my first pair of Mother Jeans and I will definitely be buying more in the future but full disclosure, these are comfy and have a lot of stretch with a natural waist — not my usual preference — but a great pair to have in your closet for those days you need jeans but also wish you could wear sweats, lol)
- These sneakers that I love so much and are on major sale but selling fast!
- Jewelry — wearing these necklaces (here and here), these hoops, and the cutest bracelets
Are you feeling the same way!? Any other ideas for getting that fancy fix?