When it comes to a skincare routine I’ve been all over the place, from using bar soap and cheap lotion to going all in with Rodan + Fields (which was great by the way!). But when it comes down to it, I like to keep things simple while also saving money (for more fun things of course!). Over a year ago, I made the switch to making my own glow serum and am in love with how it has changed my skin and made it look glowy and dewy while also reducing redness (including a broken blood vessel I’ve had under my eye since high school!). Recently added the Mint Satin Face Scrub (by Young Living) and an easy to make toner and under eye roller to the mix after my teens and tween needed some extra skin care support too. Sharing the the how-to and more tips and info below!
(BONUS: You can make all of these using the YL starter kit and a few other ingredients from the store or Amazon 🙌🏼 let me know if you want in!!!)
SUPER GLOW SERUM
You’ll need a 4 oz. bottle of Jojoba oil (I buy this brand). Add 20-30 drops of Frank, 15-20 drops of Lavender. Apply to face and neck after you wash (and tone) or use to remove make up (it works wonders!). In the morning, I like to let it soak in for a few minutes while I get dressed, before adding any makeup!
OPTIONAL: add 10 drops of Copaiba, Geranium, Cedarwood, or Manuka!
FRESH FACED TONER
In a 2oz spray bottle (or double recipe for 4oz.) add 10 drops Lavender + 10 drops vitamin E (optional). You could also add 5-10 drops of Geranium, Tea Tree or Copaiba oils. Top with Thayer’s Witch Hazel (also found at Target + other stores). Mist on face for a mid-day refresh or spray on cotton ball to cleanse face after washing… great for speeding up healing process of acne spots and is great for teenage skin!!!!
BRIGHT EYED, UNDER EYE ROLLER
In a 10ml roller (or these!) add 5 drops vitamin E, 5 drops lemon, 7 drops Frankincense, 3 drops Geranium (if you have it!). Fill the rest with Jojoba oil. Roll under eyes in the morning and night or whenever you need a little wake up magic!
- You can also add a splash of pure (key word… it should be clear!) aloe vera to the top 1/4 of your roller and/or try/swap oils for these: Lavender, Copaiba, Blue Tansy, Grapefruit,Rose, or Ylang-ylang. All have certain detox, anti-inflammatory, healing, anti-aging, or skin cooling (take the red out) properties!
- Vitamin E can be used for lots of other recipes including aftershave, pregnancy/postpartum + after sun mixes! I linked to a brand on Amazon but you should also be able to find some at a store with organic/health section — the NOW brand is a good one to try!
Got a few questions on Instagram Stories about what else is in my tray so thought I’d include below :)
IN MY MAKEUP KIT:
- Love the glossier skin tint and stretch concealer, perfect for daytime, quarantine time, and summer days! Purchased both in the G9 (medium warm) shade.
- The cloud paint leaves a nice dewy blush on your cheeks. Have it in Puff and Beam.
- Just added the haloscope + lip gloss duo, + the boy brow + brow flick to my lineup… will let you know what I think!!
- Also have the Glossier bubblewrap plumper. Feels super nice, but haven’t noticed much of a difference after using it.
Let me know if you have any questions or if you want in on a Starter Kit!!! I would love to help!
P.S. — the full label set including cute recipe card will be up on OILYAY! next week :)