Holy cow you guys. It’s been a bit of a circus over here as we’ve been out of town for the last 5 weekends — mostly for baseball tournaments or to be with family or friends. And even though that might sound somewhat exciting, we’ve also managed to have the most basic summer ever in the best way. Just lots of packing, unpacking, laundry, figuring out what to eat and hangout time accompanied by hysterical laughter and eventually pour-yourself-into-bed exhaustion. It’s been a good reminder that JOY is often found in the most ordinary moments of life.
That being said, there has also been big things happening and since I’ve been super protective of my time with my kids this summer (something that seems to happen more and more as they get older) I haven’t been sharing much of anything on Instagram the last couple months. So thought I’d spill the beans below.
Here’s 5 life lately updates!
- We moved Ozzie into his dorm at WSU last weekend (insert a million different emojis). As you can imagine I have lots of feelings and thoughts and will be sharing more, including some videos we took, asap. Stay tuned and feel free to leave any questions below!!!
- The website got a little TLC and I’m obsessed!!! Still have some tweaks to make and need to update all the different categories so it’s easier to organize and find things. Hoping it won’t take too long but in the meantime, if you’re looking for an old post, using the search bar might be your best bet. Let me know what you guys think!?
- Feeling very inspired by Ozzie’s dorm and am dreaming of ways to simplify and organize things in the kids’ rooms. There may be a sleeping bunk room in their future but most likely we’ll just be cleaning out closets and toy bins over the next week. Thinking I will also be editing our back to school shopping list down to things they need and will wear over and over. More tips on that coming soon too! How are you guys doing with prepping for back to school?
- I’ve been working on some fun new products and textile designs as well as photo shoots and styling projects for some of my favorite brands. Can’t share too many details today but some of the inspo and direction can be found in the color palette and details of the web site updates :)
- Last but not least… the romper I’m wearing in the pic is hands down my favorite summer purchase and at a really good price point too. I’ll be adding it to my rotation of t-shirt dresses until October. No shame in outfit repeats around here! (sizing details | i’m 5’7″ and wearing my normal size S — it’s roomy in the top and shorts and the cinched waist and tie is super cute) Also wearing these sandals.
That’s it for now. Miss you guys… Is that weird to say!? Ha! Missing everyone right now. What a blessing to have people to miss and love and smother in hugs and kisses and encouraging words and text messages. God is so good.
PS – did you see the heart option at the top and bottom of the post? Maybe my favorite addition!