This week of meals does not disappoint!
- NEW RECIPE MONDAY | Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi Bake (We doubled the recipe for our fam and had some leftovers)
- TACO TUESDAY | Salsa Verde Chicken and Rice Tortilla Soup (Squeezing in all the soup recipes before winter is over! My kids liked this better than our usual white bean and chicken chili, but if your kids don’t like a chicken soup/chili, I’d skip this.)
- FAMILY FAVE WEDNESDAY | Easy Swedish Meatballs (So good!)
- THROWBACK THURSDAY | Leftovers
- PIZZA PARTY FRIDAY | Homemade Pizza! Used this recipe for the dough and set out spring mix and arugula for a MOD style salad. Boys made ice cream for dessert again. (We’ve had this ice cream maker since last summer and it works great!)
- SUPPER CLUB SATURDAY | Baked Potato Bar (have the kids make a side, fun drink, or dessert.)
- COZY SUNDAY | Crockpot Crispy Pork Ramen
- MONDAY PREP | Tuesday’s Tortilla Soup produce, and rice. Energy bites, breakfast burrito, and fruit.
- THURSDAY/FRIDAY PREP | Homemade Pizza dough and toppings for pizza and baked potatoes. Hard boiled eggs for Sunday dinner and easy protein. Fresh fruit.
Another thing I did this week was keep a detailed tally of our food expenses. Our food budget is pretty generous (imo), and it’s not like we buy anything super fancy, so I would usually just pay attention to our main shopping trip amounts. However, as I discovered last week, all the little things add up! Knowing the exact amount I had already spent made it so much easier to make smarter decisions as the week went on. If you’re not a numbers person or tend to avoid finances (it’s me!), I highly recommend taking baby steps like this to be more hands on and aware. The old adage is so true, you can’t manage what you don’t measure!
Hope this adds some goodness to your week! Let me know if there’s anything you’d like to see or hear more about in regards to meals, recipes, food prep, budgeting (since I opened that can of worms!), etc.