This granola recipe is a million times healthier and yummier than anything you can buy at the store, and it can be customized to your liking! My favorite way to eat it is with whole milk, topped with mini chocolate chips, banana, and peanut butter. Please let me know if you give it a try in the comments or @raeannkelly.
HEALTHY HONEY GRANOLA RECIPE
- 5 cups old fashioned rolled oats (I like Bob's Red Mill)
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar*
- 1/2 cup hemp seed hearts
- 1/2 cup seed and/or chopped nut mix (my kids like cashews, but almonds, pumpkin seeds, and pecans are good options)
- EXTRAS: dried blueberries, strawberries, banana, coconut flakes, raisins, chia seeds, chocolate chips, etc.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line or grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir until well combined. Scoop mixture out onto prepared baking sheet. Spread out into an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Return to oven for 5 minute increments (making sure it doesn't burn) until preferred crunchiness is reached. Keep in mind that it will become more crunchy as it cools.
- Once cooled completely, add in extras (dried fruit or chocolate chips) and stir gently. Break apart any big granola clumps and store in an airtight container at room temp for 3 to 4 weeks or freeze for 3-4 months.