I love a good “build your own” type meal. I also enjoy a good bandwagon. So, since smoothie bowls are super easy to personalize and trending at the moment, I figured it was time we gave them a whirl. Now I’m wondering what took us so long!?
If you and your kids like smoothies you will LOVE these. They are basically extra thick smoothies topped like a parfait. Toppings make everything better, yes? Yes! Here’s how we made ours…
BERRY BERRY SMOOTHIE BOWL (makes 2 big bowls or 4 small ones)
- 1-1/2 cup frozen berries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup almond milk (or other preferred milk)
- 1 cup spinach or favorite green
- 2 tablespoons chia/hemp/flax/etc. seed
- honey or agave to taste
- ice to taste
- favorite protein powder (optional)
- toppings – chia seeds, shaved almonds, berries + other fruit, shredded coconut, granola, etc.
- Toss all ingredients (except toppings) in a blender and blend until well combined and mixture is too thick to suck through a straw.
- Pour into bowls and prinkle with toppings of choice!
Give me ALL the toppings please! I think they are the best part of any dish but especially these smoothie bowls. Aside from the delicious taste the colors and textures are so pretty and pretty food is fun to eat.
Now we just need to try acai bowls… Which I think are like smoothie bowls with an added ingredient? Have you guys tried them?