After months of searching for a healthy(-ish) granola the whole family would eat, I finally threw in the towel and started working on a homemade option! It includes all the ingredients everyone loves (like peanut butter and chocolate chips), and a couple superfoods no one will even notice (like hemp seeds!). A full batch lasts us a little over a week, comes together in 5 minutes (plus 20 minutes in the oven), and goes well with any milk or yogurt and fruit (I like sliced bananas and raspberries)!
So many health benefits in the pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, coconut oil, cinnamon, and nut/seed butter included in this recipe! Love serving with milk or yogurt, topping with sliced bananas, and having some eggs or sausage on the side (for added protein). YUM! Leave a note in the comments (or @raeannkelly) if you try this recipe… It always makes my day!
HEALTHY & HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA
- 3 cups Rolled Oats (old-fashioned)
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup Hemp Heart Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil (softened or melted)
- 2 splashes Vanilla Extract (2 teaspoons if you want to measure!)
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips of Choice – we like the mini semi-sweet
- Option: banana or berries to top!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (or lightly oil tray with coconut oil) and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, pumpkin and hemp seeds, and cinnamon.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together syrup, peanut butter, coconut oil, and vanilla. Pour over oat mixture and stir until ingredients are well combined and evenly mixed.
- Scoop out in a single layer, on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 15-30 minutes before crumbling up granola to serve (with milk or yogurt!) or store in airtight container. Stores well in pantry for up to 1 month.
- Option: add toppings! I like sliced banana and/or raspberries.