My brain is currently just a jumbled lists of to-do’s for various parts of my life including all the things I really (really, really) want to do before Oz heads back to school mid-August, and the rest of the crew starts at new schools a couple weeks later. So it seems fitting that this blog post would take list form. Here are the first 10 things that come to mind!
- First let’s talk about my current obsession with oversized button downs. After ordering a couple roomier boyfriend style shirts that were cute but didn’t have the exaggerated look I was wanting, I finally found THIS TOP (wearing a small) and took zero time adding it to my cart (deciding on a color was a different story). Wearing it with this tube top (in desert rose tie dye), denim shorts, and Gola high tops (want these!), and necklaces, but would also be cute with bike shorts (bonus if you have a matching sports bra, cotton boxer style shorts, or over a swimsuit at the pool.
- We’ve been playing the card game GARBAGE a lot this summer! It’s quick, easy, and fun for any age that knows their numbers!
- The linen closet is basically done! Just need the rest of our bins to arrive and shelves to go up! Ok, so maybe that’s less than halfway done, but just the act or purging and putting things into bins has made a huge difference. I also stumbled upon this wallpaper over the weekend and feel like it might have to be added to the back wall for a little unexpected pop!
- Next project (as voted on in stories) will be the pantry! Already talking to Ashley who did the kids’ closets about helping since I know we’ll need the back up. Before we get things organized though, there’s some painting that needs to happen. Excited to start!
- Almost done listening to Better Than Before by, Gretchen Rubin on Audibles and totally recommend! What should I read next?
- SUMMER HACK: While we were camping in Eastern Washington, we used a beauty blender sponge to apply sunscreen to kids’ faces and it worked like a charm!
- Just made BACK TO SCHOOL hair appointments for all the boys and feel like I’m winning at life, lol. Now I just need to find a hairstylist for the girls and myself!
- Read this quote the other day and love it: There is a fountain of youth. It is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life, and the lives of the people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age. – Sophia Loren (Does that mean we don’t “need” botox? LOL.)
- Heard this song last week and immediately added it to my Jesus jams (ha!)…. THERE’S GONNA BE GLORY… THERE WILL BE GLORY AFTER THIS. Whatever your “this” is, God is always working it out for your good. In the meantime, let His joy be your strength. What does His joy look and sound like? To me it sounds like belly laughs with my kids or friends and looks like stargazing or family walks. It’s not hard to find, but it does require being in the moment and it’s hard to be present if we’re dwelling on the past or worrying about the future. Maybe it would help to think of it this way… Grace is behind us (no need to dwell). Glory is in front of us (no need to worry). Joy is with us (it strengthens us so we don’t want to miss it). AMEN!?
- A couple of the hens have started laying eggs so we’ve been waking up every morning and heading straight to the coop to check for more!
I was too excited about this top to bother washing or ironing it (obvi)… love at first sight!
Is there anything better than summer walks?
Finding berries also brings me joy. So do cute outfits and holding hands with Yoder (or the kids).
What brings you joy? Do you notice that it strengthens or energizes you? Or no?