There is nothing quite as satisfying as knowing that my family can leave the house on a frigid, cold day for school, an adventure or a sporting event and stay warm and cozy the entire time. Eventually we’ll have to add winter boots, beanies and gloves to our bundle up routine but for now a warm coat will do the trick and guess what, J.Crew is having a 40% off outerwear sale through TODAY ONLY. Since we’ve purchased several of their coats (and love them!), and we’ll be buying a few more during this sale, I thought I’d share our favorites and a few tips for sizing, etc.
FOR THE MAMA’S
- You guys went crazy for this faux fur coat (pictured above) every time it was in a pic — last year it sold out but it’s back right now and like I mentioned 40% off. Purchased one size smaller than my usual and the fit is perfect… enough room to layer but not drowning in it.
- Want this coat in burgundy. A little different but also not super loud. would be so cute over a simple hoodie
- But also reallllly want this puffer in red, ha! Will have to make up my mind by the e.o.d.!
- This coat is everything and I love how they styled it.
- If only I needed this coat.
- If you’re looking for a statement coat — so cute!
- This zip-up would be a good way to jazz up leggings.
- Can’t really go wrong with any of their coats tho… which one is your favorite!?
FOR THE GIRLS
- Every mini needs a sherpa jacket
- Getting Poppy’s coral coat (pictured) in green for Tilly. It’s the perfect weight! (fits tts)
- Poppy has this sherpa pullover and it is so cozy. (fits tts)
- If only this was part of the sale :)
- Debating getting this jacket for one of the girls.
- Tilly has this coat and loves it, but it’s pretty big and bulky so not her favorite to take to school. (fits tts)
- A metallic puffer and it’s reversible. Cute as a vest too.
FOR THE BOYS
- This is my pick for Griff — just have to run it by him first :)
- And this one is the perfect weight for Espen. His backpack is bright blue so getting the navy.
- How completely adorable is this jacket?!
- I could see getting a lot of use out of a reversible vest.
- Wanted to get this fleece for Griff but the reviews aren’t that good :(
- Wish my boys would wear a parka coat because these would be so warm + cute for all the Christmas, Holiday, Snowy outings!
- All their hats + gloves are on sale too… getting this one and the matching gloves.
(Pics are from our this Queen Anne Hill, City Guide post last winter.)
Last but never least…
FOR THE BABY-DADDIES
- This is cute as a vest or jacket.
- How fun and practical would this jacket be over a lounge-y outfit?
- Someone needs this fleece jacket. Less practical and more situational — maybe a little dorky at school drop offs (not that most guys care), very “man of the woods” around a campfire, corn maze, beach, cabin.
- Everyone needs a good topcoat!
- Love this one too…. another option if they like a little pattern.
- Johan has a couple of their fleeces and love them, here + here
- Wish this raincoat was part of the sale.
- A good one for all the soccer dads!
Just a reminder that the sale ends today and their coats rarely go on sale so it’s a good time to stock up or check something off your Christmas shopping list!
Hopefully all these links were helpful… Nothing like making it easier to bundle up and leave the house this time of year!