Celebrating the launch of our DAILY PLANNER & TIME BLOCKING NOTEPAD with some of my favorite time management hacks! Truly believe that it is always good, when taking advice, to be away of what season your in, take what you think will help, put your own twist on others, and leave the rest. Solutions are rarely a one size fits all kinda thing!
MY BEST TIME MANAGEMENT HACKS
- Using a timer for everything! Want to spend 2 hours working on a project? Set a timer! Want to challenge yourself to finish something in 30 minutes? Set a timer. Always forgetting to switch the laundry? SET A TIMER! Alexa is my bestie for this. Depending on personalities, this also works wonders for some of my kids.
- Plan ahead… before the day is going full speed ahead!
- Brain dump, prioritize, then time block! (This is how our planning pages are set up)
- Do a brain dump anytime you’re feeling overwhelmed, procrastinating, or are having a hard time starting a project… get all the things floating around in your head onto paper, then sort through until you have clarity.
- Put it on the calendar if you want it to happen.
- Try, “drop everything and (fill in the blank)”. A handy way to get something done that’s a non-negotiable. For example you could do, drop everything and walk (DEW), drop everything and play (DEP), drop everything and email (DEE), etc.
- Get as much sleep as you can, for the season that you’re in… number 10 also helps with this!
- Define what success, value, and productivity looks like/is for you! Sometimes we think we’re not using our time well because we’re not assigning value to the things that we are already doing.
- Batching vs. daily tasks: for example, sometimes getting all the laundry done in one day works best, other times spending 30 minutes a day doing laundry (10 minutes sorting, starting, moving loads and 20 minutes folding and putting away) is the key to success. Decide what works best for you and plan accordingly!
- Have some accountability for your screen/social media time. Managing time is hard to do when it’s being wasted and it’s easy to waste time on screens! Decide how much time you want to spend looking at your phone, scrolling media, etc. and use the handy “screen time” options in your settings!
And don’t forget to checkout our new daily planning page!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: our best life hack (Saturday morning planning meetings), house rules, printable menu plan, and a kid friendly chore and activity chart.
[…] POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE: THE MAY EDIT, MY FAVORITE TIME MANAGEMENT HACKS FOR MOTHERHOOD AND LIFE, SATURDAY MORNING PLANNING […]