Leave it to Johan to bring this gem of a recipe home from the fire-house and sweep us all off our feet. Over the years during his Fire career, it’s been fun to try the different foods they whip up for each other while on shift. Some concoctions are a bit too spicy, resourceful (everything but the kitchen sink), or over the top to make the cut, but others end up checking all the right boxes and get added to our meal rotation. Today’s recipe, ROASTED VEGGIE + SAUSAGE FIREHOUSE PASTA, is low-fuss, filling, and family friendly and we highly recommend giving it a whirl…. Share with me HERE or in the comments, if you do! Excited to share the recipe below!
- 1 Box Pasta of your choice
- Sausage of your choice — recommend bratwurst or kielbasa
- 5 oz. of baby spinach
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Orange/yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 package of bacon, chopped
- Shredded or shaved parmesan cheese
- Salt + pepper to taste
- NOTE: can also look in fridge and add other veggies to the mix… zucchini would be good!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and drizzle olive oil in a rimmed baking sheet.
- Chop all veggies, place on prepared baking sheet and roast while you dice the bacon. Add bacon to baking sheet, over veggies. Continue to bake veggies and bacon to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, boil water and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cut sausage into 1/2 inch rounds and sauté.
- In a large serving bowl or dish, add spinach and pasta and stir together, allowing the spinach to wilt. Mix in veggies and meat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle parmesan over the top. Serve and enjoy!
I dare you not to go back for seconds :)