Mother’s Day weekend calls for a yummy cocktail, so thought I’d share a new to me recipe that checks all the backyard hangs (and day drinking), boxes. Here’s how to make a delicious and refreshing GARDEN COCKTAIL!
GARDEN COCKTAIL RECIPE
You’ll Need (per cocktail – *see note below to make a batch):
- 1.5 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 sprig of mint, stem removed
- Simple syrup to taste, or a few drops of stevia
- 1.5 oz. gin (or vodka)
- 3 oz. fresh cucumber juice (if you don’t have a juicer, grab some from your local juicery)
- Lime wheels to garnish
- Cucumber wheels to garnish
- Mint sprigs to garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, add lime juice and mint leaves and muddle.
- Add simple syrup (or stevia), gin, and ice, and give it a good shake.
- Strain the cocktail into an ice-filled glass and top with cucumber juice.
- Garnish with lime, cucumber, and mint!
*When making a batch, instead of using a cocktail shaker to muddle and mix, throw cucumber juice, lime juice, simple syrup, and mint into a blender and blend or pulse on low for 15 seconds. Strain (I like using something with larger holes so you get some of the chunks/pulp) into pitcher, over ice. Add gin and stir to combine. Pour over ice into individual glasses, garnish, and serve!
Cheers to us, mamas!