Coming out of Holiday hibernation to wish you guys a very happy, happy first day of 2018 and share some menu ideas for January! Before we get into the recipe links, I have a MOM-HACK for you that might sound like an ad but I promise isn’t… One thing we’re doing this year to simplify our to do lists and meal planning is to use Click List from Fred Meyer. I used it to avoid the crowds while shopping for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year and it was a dream come true. Just shop, purchase and schedule your grocery pickup time online. Then all you have to do is stop by and pick them up without even getting out of the car! So good and easy it feels a little bit like cheating. If you don’t have a Fred Meyer store near you I know Walmart, Amazon and other grocery stores offer it too. Hopefully it’s something you can try and love… or maybe you already do this and I’m late to the party!?
Now for some yummy recipes to try this month.
12 DINNERS TO MAKE IN JANUARY
- arugula and pesto salad with quesadillas for the kids
- charcuterie platter (add pitta and hummus to make more filling)
- beef and bean burritos (or burrito bowl!)
- parmesan chicken and kale sauté
- salad bags from costco and rotisserie chicken (my faves are the chopped kale and brussels and crunchy mediterranean chopped)
MAKE AHEAD OR BAKED
- pumpkin coconut lentil soup
- honey mustard chicken (scroll all the way down for the crock pot version)
- slow cooker peanut chicken and broccoli
- vegetarian black bean soup (add rice and toppings!)
- steak fajita tacos (or try this slow cooker fajita recipe)
- sheet pan honey chipotle chicken and sweet potatoes
- greek inspired chicken piccata
BREAKFAST, LUNCH + SNACK IDEAS
- continental breakfast (a few ideas: cereal, yogurt, granola, bananas, apples, peanut butter, hardboiled eggs and muffins)
- zucchini bread pancakes
- protein pancakes
As you can see, I didn’t venture much outside of my trusted recipe web sites but would love some suggestions if you have any faves!?