Ready for our take on Christmas Fettuccini?! Inspired by my favorite Christmas movie (if it’s even legal to have a favorite) and fancied up with homemade Alfredo sauce and yummy toppings. Only thing left to do is drink wine out of the bottle at the grocery store, befriend a witty elderly man, make a blanket fort (including twinkle lights and paper stars), and find the perfect LBD to wear to NYE.
Or you could just whip up a batch, turn on The Holiday and cozy up for a nice date night in… Keep scrolling for the recipe!
CHRISTMAS FETTUCCINI (ALFREDO) RECIPE
Serves 4-6, takes 20-30 minutes start to finish
- Fettuccini Noodles (I like the fresh ones in the cooler section at the store and my kids love angel hair, but any pasta noodle works!), cooked according to package directions
- 1 pint whipping cream (or 2 cups)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Optional toppings or garnish:
- fresh basil
- sautéed shallots and diced tomatoes that also taste good tossed in pasta with a little extra olive oil, salt, and pepper, if you’re wanting to skip the rich Alfredo sauce
- Serve with wine and sparkling cider!
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the butter, cream cheese, and whipping cream until melted.
- Add parmesan, garlic, and remaining seasoning. Whisk until smooth and slightly thickened – about 3-5 minutes.
- Toss with pasta and top with bacon, parm, basil, and/or sautéed tomatoes and shallots as desired.
*Alfredo sauce is adapted from this recipe.
SOURCES: dinner plate, decorative bowls (similar), small plate (similar), wine glasses (similar), dishtowels, latte bowls (big and small), my sweater (similar here and here), griff’s hoodie (and how cute is this one!?).
This will be on heavy rotation all month… bring out the santa pants! Also, let me know if you try this recipe @raeannkelly or in the comments!