Holidays in general have away of sneaking up on me, even when I know they’re coming! Easter this year is in March which seems extra sneaky. Even though we’ll be celebrating in less than a month, it feels a little early for bunnies, chicks and eggs.
To help get in the spirit, Tilly (7), Griffin (4) and I made these fun paper plate masks that double as a fun toy and activity. They’ve been well loved around here by all so we will definitely be making more… hopefully with friends!
Keep scrolling for instructions and a template to make your own.
- paper plates
- popsicle sticks (or straws)
- bunny ear, whisker and eye template or card stock
- glue, glue dots +/or tape
- x-acto knife and cutting mat or small scissors
- pom-poms (optional)
- Prep a work surface. Set out kid friendly glue options. We used glue dots for the nose and ears and glue sticks for the whiskers.
- Download template, print and cut out ears, circle and rectangles (or make your own out of colorful card stock). Cut rectangles into strips for whiskers.
- Cut plate in half and lay right side up. Use the circle template to trace eyes on the plate and then cutout.
- With plates right side down, let kids add whiskers, nose and ears.
- Once glue has dried, tape popsicle stick to the backside.
Have you started getting ready for Easter yet?!