It won’t be long before summertime heat makes turning on the oven a big fat no-no. Before that happens making these greek yogurt donuts is a must. Sorry (not sorry) to be bossy but they really are that good and even though they aren’t 100% healthy, they are homemade, not-fried and delicious.
No donut pan? No problem! A mini muffin tin works just as well and they end up looking like cute little donut holes. (Recipe below.)
Add chocolate chips, sprinkles or both (like we did this morning) into the batter for a little Oh.Em.Gee goodness and it would be easy to top with frosting, glaze or a drizzle of caramel or chocolate for something a bit sweeter or for a special occasion.
I was thinking this would be a great option for Poppy’s first Birthday (just a couple months away!) “cake” with a greek yogurt frosting on top. Let the test-tasting begin!
Baked Greek Yogurt Donuts – makes 18, prep 15, bake 10 minutes per batch
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup milk (cow, almond, coconut, etc. works)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I’ve been using plain but I’m sure any would be good)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- chocolate chips or funfetti (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients (first 5). In a medium mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients except the chocolate chips &/or funfetti.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture. Stir until combined. Add chocolate &/or funfetti and fold in.
- Spoon mixture into a gallon ziplock bag and cut a bottom corner. Squeeze into donut cups until 2/3 filled.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove donuts from pan (I just turn it upside down) and let cool a little before eating. If frosting, let cool all the way.
What’s been on your breakfast rotation lately? Have any recipes hanging out on a pinterest board you’ve been wanting to try? Spill the beans in the comments…
XO . Rae