Anyone else have that one item of clothing you see on other people and in the stores and love and obsess over it, but when you get it home, it never leaves the hanger? For me it would be the blazer. I love them. They’re classic and tailored yet tomboyish and spontaneous when paired with a graphic tee or hoodie, thrown over a girlie dress, or buttoned up over a bralette for date night (meow). There have been lots of cute styles available this winter and I anticipate loads of adorable ones this spring that I will (no doubt) be drooling over but can’t justify purchasing becauuuuuse — I don’t wear the ones I already own (sigh). So last week I did what any responsible adult with a bad habit would do. I added “wear more blazers” to my list of New Year’s Resolutions (always keeping it simple, friends!). Excited to kick this style hangup in the ballz.
Links and more blazer inspo, below!
OUTFIT DETAILS /
- Blazer is old (boyfriend fit) from Madewell (similar and on sale — or not on sale at Madewell but lots of good reviews)
- Turtleneck (same price at Nordstrom… size up one!),
- Mules on sale,
- Hat is old from Target (similar) but a beanie would look cute too!
Also, proof that a baseball hat and blazer are perfectly acceptable :) Princess Di can do no wrong.
A FEW OTHER BLAZER OPTIONS /
- Love this from Anine Bing and it’s more than 50% off with good reviews!
- So many cute ones by Everlane! Love this one!
- Another cute option (or this one) from Madewell.
- A more casual, everyday option from J. Crew.
- Obsessed with this one and this one, also from J. Crew.
- Love this printed sweater blazer from anthropology… too cute!
Also, on my list of resolutions… be more like Poppy.
Do you have anything you love to buy but rarely wear?
Here’s to kicking all those bad habits where it counts ;)
P.S. — Can we also talk about how I really want this coat for our cold PNW spring weather???? Too soon? When are you usually ready to start shopping for Spring outfits!?