Hey, hey! Popping in on a Sunday with so much on my mind but also not enough time to sort it all out. So let’s just start with 5 things, k? Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend!
- AN ACTUAL DILEMMA: Forgive me if I’ve already talked about this on the blog, but have you watched The Social Dilemma, yet? Don’t do it. Just kidding. It’s so informative and explains so much about our current culture that you have to watch it. Maybe not the most lighthearted content for this time of year, but I would definitely add it to your post Christmas Netflix que!
- DRY DECEMBER: Anyone want to join me!? Currently hitting a crazy wall and needed a little boost so upped my vitamins (esp vitamin D) and plan on giving up alcohol until Christmas Eve, in the hopes that it helps me sleep and focus better. No shame at all over those week night — we made it through another day of virtual/home school/wfh — glasses of wine. I just needed a break from it. And I already cheated last night when I found myself in an almost empty home and wanted to celebrate. So the bar is set pretty low if it sounds like something you want to do with me!
- ANTHROPOLOGIE: There are a few things I love that are on major sale TODAY ONLY! Here are my 10 picks.
- ordered this dress for my christmas outfit in silver but the black is so good too… this would make a good holiday outfit too.
- these scarves are amazing and would be a good gift for just $24 (the reviews are mixed but I have the cream and no shedding).
- love these joggers and will dig them out of the clean clothes pile if they aren’t in my closet,
- might wish I ordered this midi skirt – so cute and there are so many options to wear on top – here’s another festive holiday skirt with amazing reviews.
- a cute graphic tee for date nights in (and Valentine’s Day too).
- ordered this sweater and can’t wait for it to arrive!
- tempted to add these to my cart and see how they look with boots.
- yes please to this sweater coat, and this faux fur too (omg so cute)!
- if you’ve been on the hunt for a fringe cardigan, it’s your lucky day!
- last but not least, a staple tunic top for your closet.
- ADVENT ACTIVITIES: I was feeling a little too overwhelmed to try and do a daily advent activity but I’m TOTALLY regretting it. Personally I think I’d rather have a plan and skip things on crazier days than not have a plan and not have a list I can check things off of. Will have to get something put together this week… What about you guys? Here are a couple older advent posts if anyone is interested in ideas – one + two.
- HERE’S WHAT’S ON THE SCHEDULE THIS WEEK:
- MONDAY: Adding a few more things to my Christmas Gift Guide! Hopefully I can help you check the last few things off your list!
- TUESDAY: I have a surprise for you guys that involves a party, pancakes, and generosity.
- WEDNESDAY: A video home tour of the upstairs and basement update!
- THURSDAY: Sharing my December oil bundle and it’s so fun and festive. There is really no better time to start diffusing and using toxin free cleaners… Did you see this post!?
- FRIDAY: Currently working on finishing a Holiday playlist and some festive diffuser blends to go with it!
More hikes! More time unplugged! More physical activity + fresh air!
It’s hard to get these two boys in one place at the same time, long enough to press the button on a camera, but we did it and it lasted approx 5.2 seconds. Also, I think we might look a teeny tiny bit alike in this pic. Yes?
My girls! And to think I always wanted all boys. So many treasures are found when life doesn’t turn out how we plan or expect. Just one more reason that I will choose God’s plan over mine, any day.
Poppy’s coat is on major sale! Super cozy!
Self-timer for the win! Even though I had to close my eyes while Johan scaled the ice-y rocks, between us and the camera, to get in the frame. Actually, my eyes were closed in both self timer pics so maybe I just kept them that way to keep from freaking out over the cliff behind and next to us too. Gosh I’m such a mom. Or at least becoming more and more like my mom.
Poppy’s little hand in this pic gives me all the feels.