The countdown to Halloween has begun (2 weeks from today!) so it’s officially time for me to get my act together. When I sat down to write my to do list I couldn’t believe how much I still have to do. Determined to get everything done this week so we have time to enjoy it all!
ON MY HALLOWEEN TO DO LIST:
- Finish kid’s costume details (we have 2 witches, a skeleton and 3 still undecided — ahem, boys!)
- Go Boo-ing (Hopefully today! Remember this post + did you see our ghost piñatas?)
- Finish adding the big spiders (and possibly some lights in the shrubs) to the front of the house.
- Carve our pumpkins, lol! (they’ve been scooped out and waiting for us since Saturday!)
- Make sure everyone has something halloween-ish in their closets to wear to school (I sooooooo miss the days when everyone wore costumes and paraded around campus… bring it back please!)
Speaking of wearing something Halloween-ish, before the costumes go on, I thought I’d share a few of my favorite festive clothing items that you’ll be able to wear long after the 31st.
- Wearing a topshop sweater dress from last year but here’s a similar one. This J.Crew one is super cute too. Both are under $100.
- Layered with this totally great striped turtleneck that’s been in my closet for years and I’ve gotten so much use out of.
- Similar (and maybe even cuter) lace up boots (mine sold out, boo!).
- Madewell bodysuits never disappoint — bought this as the top part to my witches costume but have already worn it a couple other times
- A little tie dye would be fun on Halloween (+ it’s on sale)!
- A bit of a splurge, but so cute!
- Another cute sweater dress in a moody shade.
- This would be so fun and almost like a costume!
- Wish I could add this to my closet…
- How cute would this black peasant top be?
- And this would be so festive… like a shimmery candy corn but classy.
- This would be such a good layer all the time.
I usually try to do the same sort of thing for the kids (clothes in halloween colors that they’ll get lots of use out of beyond the big day) but am contemplating getting this tee for the ghouls and this one for da boos… I mean, yolo!
These planters were so pretty! Polled Instagram to see if anyone knew what kind of plant it was and someone said an asparagus fern… will be adding one to my front porch ASAP.
Now, tell me I’m not the only one with a mile long to do list!? Hopefully I’ll be able to check costumes and outfits off my list today though…What’s on your list?