This Apple Cider Hot Toddy recipe is inspired by a drink I enjoyed last January while sitting around a bonfire, under cafe lights in downtown Enumclaw, from one of our favorite restaurants, The Mint. It was pretty magical and really fun way to spend a winter date night and ever since I’ve been trying to recreate . I think this recipe is as close as I’m going to get but you can bet I’ll be headed back to The Mint for a taste test ASAP. Give it a whirl and let me know what you think @raeannkelly or in the comments!
APPLE CIDER HOT TODDY RECIPE
makes 4 plus a little for taste testing, especially if you have a heavy poor (like yours truly)!
- 12 oz apple cider
- 8 oz water
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 12 cloves
- 8 oz whiskey of choice
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- OPTION: add honey to taste if you like it sweeter!
- Add apple cider, water, cinnamon sticks, and clove to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low/warm, cover, and let steep for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain cinnamon sticks and clove.
- Stir in honey (optional), whiskey, and lemon juice.
- Divide into mugs/glasses and garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks!