This recipe is a quick and refreshing twist on the basic chicken and rice dinner. We love that it doesn’t skimp on veggies, but that they’re also easy for picky eaters to avoid. The coconut sauce is also delicious on rice, and the ingredients are fresh and healthy! Let us know if you try this 30 Minute Green Curry Coconut Chicken and Zucchini dish in the comments or @raeannkelly.
GREEN CURRY COCONUT CHICKEN AND ZUCCHINI
- 3 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 can (14 oz) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 zucchinis, halved and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt to taste
- cooked rice for serving
- Prep veggies and chicken. Cook rice according to package directions (I like to add a little coconut oil and salt to the water).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the curry paste, coconut milk, chicken broth, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan over medium, warm oil and sauté garlic for a couple minutes. Add chicken and cook until opaque (approx 5 minutes). Add the zucchini and continue cooking until tender (another 5 minutes).
- While the chicken and zucchinis are cooking, in a small pan over medium heat brinding sauce to a gentle boil unti thickened (aporox 5 minutes).
- Pour thickened sauce over chicken mixture and simmer until chicken is opaque throughout. *Add spinach and lime juice and season to taste with salt. Stir to combine. Spoon rice into bowls, top with chicken and veggies, drizzle with extra curry sauce, and serve. YUM!!!!
Happy (easy) dinner making!