This salad is nutritious, delicious, and ridiculously simple. The texture and flavors complement each other perfectly. I usually toss it with a light olive oil and lemon homemade dressing, but it’s also good with a ginger honey (slightly sweet) dressing or vinaigrette. As always, let me know if you give it a try! (In the comments below or @raeannkelly)
SIMPLE SWEET POTATO KALE SIDE SALAD
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- olive oil, to taste
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- S&P, to taste
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup parmesan, shredded
- option: add meat or protein of choice to make it a meal!
- Preheat oven to 425. Toss diced sweet potatoes in olive oil, corn starch, and salt. Spread sweet potatoes out on a rimmed backing dish in a single layer (the more space they have, the crispier they'll get). Bake in oven, flipping potatoes every 15 minutes until cooked through and crispy on the edges.
- While sweet potatoes cook, prep kale and red onion. In a small bowl or jar with lid, pour 1/4 cup (or less or more to taste), lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Whisk or shake together.
- In a large bowl, add kale, sweet potatoes, onions, pumpkin seeds, and parmesan. Toss together with your olive oil dressing and enjoy!