I almost feel guilty sharing this recipe because it’s so good and sweet and your kids will beg you for it and then devour it in 10 minutes. The s’mores spin on the already classic muddy buddy (aka puppy chow) recipe makes it even more delicious! Let me know if you give it a try (comment below or @raeannkelly)!
S’MORES MUDDY BUDDIES (A.K.A. PUPPY CHOW)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cup *semisweet chocolate chips (divided-reserve 1/2 cup)
- 4 cups rice Chex cereal
- 5 cups Golden Grahams cereal (divided-reserve 1 cup)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (divided-reserve 1 cup)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Melt peanut butter and 1 cup of the chocolate chips over low heat in a medium saucepan. Use a rubber spatula to stir until completely combined.
- Scoop 2 cups of Chex, 2 cups of Golden Grahams, and 1 cup of mini marshmallows into a **gallon ziplock. Drizzle half of the chocolate mixture over the top. Seal ziplock and shake to combine until evenly coated.
- Add 2 more cups of each cereal into ziplock and drizzle with remaining chocolate mixture. Seal bag and shake until evenly coated. Place in fridge for a few minutes to cool (but not harden). This helps the powdered sugar coat the chocolate instead of being absorbed.
- Add 2 cups of powdered sugar to ziplock. Keeping as much air in the bag as possible, press to seal and shake to combine.
- Transfer mix to a large bowl. Add more powdered sugar if needed. Add remaining 1 cup of Golden Grahams, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, and 1 cup of marshmallows and toss to combine.
- Eat up! Store any remaining muddy buddy mix (if it lasts more than 10 minutes) in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks!
Just got the 3 pack of these dishtowels… So cute!