It’s been awhile since I’ve done a simple life lately update and I’m not exactly sure what kind of updates I have to share since life feels a little repetitive lately. It doesn’t help that the days feel shorter since daylight savings (gosh, I’m really selling you guys on this post 😂). Guess I’ll just have to dig a little and share all the juicy stuff, ha! Here goes!
- We’re going to Leavenworth for a couple nights this week and there’s snow in the forecast, eek! Time to go through our winter gear and hope everyone has a cold weather combo that will fit them! (A few of our past trips to Leavenworth on this page if you’re curious.)
- BASEMENT UPDATE! It’s time to put the drywall up in the bath and laundry room! After that comes the tile installation and then we’ll be ready to hook up the toilet and sink, and move the washer and dryer down there too. Pushing for a Christmas finish which sounds totally doable considering our initial date was Halloween, but I smell some all-nighters in our future, lol.
- Oz will be home from school soon! When we chatted yesterday he said he might be home this weekend or he might wait until Thanksgiving break. When I updated the kids at dinner Espen said, “That sounds like a lot of mights!” Too many ‘mights’ when we miss him so much and just want to see his face.
- Speaking of faces, Oz, Tilly, and Espen have been snap-chatting each other daily and it’s literally the highlight of my day when they share their chats with me because they’re so silly and random — like they’re friends! Makes my heart happy! 💕
- Speaking of snapchat, Johan and I have been working on a contract for the whole family to sign regarding our phones and other small screens that will involve days off of apps and I’m so excited to have some boundaries in place for all of us…. crazy how those little screens and our (over) use of them can sneak up quick! Planning on seeing how things workout over the next couple months and then share in January if anyone is interested?
- Finally painted the back of our front door pink. It’s very flamingo-y and I love it! Will share a peek on stories today.
- Reading this parenting book and recommend, but am on the hunt for a good fiction book if anyone has any suggestions?
- Started a Christmas gift list for everyone today and will be working diligently at filling it out… I feel like I have so many good ideas for people all summer and early fall and then draw a blank once we hit November. Anyone else!? Anyways, will use my findings to put together a gift guide to share, asap! Anything in particular you’d like help finding!?
- Last night while Tilly and Espen were getting their school stuff organized for today, I added a cozy evening blend to the diffuser and Tilly said, “Oils make everything better!” and I totally agree! (Have you joined our oily fam, yet?) Would actually be a really good gift idea for yourself and kids. Lots of good sets that launch today!
- Last but not least, can we talk election!? Raise your hand if you are as relieved as I am to be free from campaign ads and reminders to vote, lol. I could not be happier about it. However, I’m a little shocked at how ungraceful some people are being about their wins and losses (feels wrong to even phrase it like that). It’s as if we can’t handle when other people have opinions that are different than our own. So much animosity and anger. It’s cray and totally disappointing. And I think my father in law might have even blocked my Instagram account, lol. Can I share something with you? I’m a registered Republican. A lot of the things on the ballot did not go the way I voted (hey sex ed referendum) but does that mean I should start saying eff-you to everyone I come in contact with that voted in favor of it? NO! Just because it passed, does that mean I have to roll over and die? NO! It just means I need to be more diligent with how I talk to my kids about sex and gives me even more reason to stay involved and in relationship with them and their friends, too. Our government might influence our culture and our economy, but it certainly doesn’t keep me from pursuing the things that are meaningful to me. Regardless of your political stance I see two big wins. We have a President with a bipartisan track record (might be the middle child in me but I LOVE bipartisanship) and the first female VP! I don’t have to agree with all of their political views to be excited about both of those things. And you guys actually don’t have to agree with anything I just said either, ha! Isn’t it a beautiful thing?
Mkay. End rant. Love ya.
Because I can’t end like that, here’s a few pics of my favorite part of most days — our walk to or from Poppy’s kindergarten class as well as outfit links!
POPPY’S OUTFIT: leggings (the cozy leggings are a must as temps drop and how great are all of these options, too!?), sneakers, tee is her friend’s (already borrowing clothes, lol), sweatshirt (sold out but we love all of these), puffer (similar and so cute in the burgundy)
Any updates for me!? Thoughts about the election?