One of the things I get the most requests for, is help clothes shopping for kids. Particularly older kids which is something I’m more than happy to oblige with since it seems like a constant in my own life with 5 kids. Most of which fall into the older (and usually more picky) kid category. My plan was to put together a long list of cute and functional items but as I finished up shopping this weekend, the amount of links and shops started to feel overwhelming. Since my goal here is to help all you beautiful mamas, I didn’t want to give you that same vibe so I’ve decided to break it up over the week and share links from 1 or 2 stores a day. We’re starting with J.Crew since we do a lot of shopping there, the quality is hand-me-down worthy, and they carry a mix of staples and playful styles (always a bonus!). Tomorrow I’ll be sharing picks from Nordstrom, Wednesday Zara and H&M, Thursday Target, and Friday our favorite athleisure or maybe small shops??? Is there anything else you’d like to see? Anything I missed!?
HERE’S A FEW HOT (shopping) TIPS:
- Crewcuts items are more tailored and fitted so run a little smaller — If my kids are in-between or it’s something like a sweatshirt, I usually size up!
- If purchasing things for the older kids I make sure they will pair well with the other styles and brands they like or already have in their closets.
- Personal styles vary so much with kids! To limit complaints and unworn clothes purchased online, I usually have the kids approve what’s in the virtual shopping cart before hitting checkout.
- In case it helps, I made all items big kid approved by Espen (13 yo) and Tilly (11 yo) bold, below!
- Tie front tees for the girls.
- Girl’s tie-dye and star sweatshirt (soooo cute!).
- Yes to this ruffle tank
- Bought Poppy this tee because she has a thing for pineapples but this version is so cute and love this one too!
- Such a cute dress and the straps adjust 🙌🏼
- Getting this for Poppy, but there aren’t a lot of sizes left…
- We buy a pair of two of these easy and cute play shorts every summer.
- The yellow is fun!
- A fun unisex graphic tee (depending on how everyone feels about sequins?!) and good 4th of July colors!
- Now for the BOYS! Bought this cute polo for Espen… the tie-dye gives a nice balance to an otherwise preppy style of shirt.
- Love the cut of these tees if your boys are into neon :)
- Dock shorts are a staple in our home! They look like dress shorts but the elastic gives them more of a comfy/casual vibe as far as the boys are concerned.
- A couple tank top options or short sleeves in 4th of July stripes! (p.s. – the light blue stripe is more purple irl than it looks in the picture)
- My boys (and husband!) love this style of shorts. Added another pair to my cart for Griff and Espen.
- Snagged this for Griffin — so cute and red, white, + blue!
- So many great BTS options included in the sale if you’re into stocking up!!! This backpack, rain jacket (SO CUTE!), and all the sweats!
- A few graphic tee options here, here, here, and here.
- Griffin loves these athletic tees.
Pics from our stay in Leavenworth at my parent’s cabin this past weekend! Felt like an official start to summer with the sunshine, late-ish nights, and friend/family time. Can’t beat it!
Don’t forget to let me know if you have any shopping requests for the kids this week!