posted one of our fave dinners (meatball sliders!) on Instagram last week and thought it would be fun to share the recipe here. we love this savory and scrumptious comfort food served in a mini size! they are also simple enough to make on busy evening and light enough to eat all year round. make a double batch and serve over pasta later in the week!
MEATBALL SLIDERS: makes 12 (Serves 4), 15 minutes Prep Time, 20 minutes Cook Time
- ¼ cup corn flakes, finely crushed (crushed saltines work too)
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons favorite marinara sauce, plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons grated mozzarella cheese, plus more for topping
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces ground beef, 96% lean
- 12 small dinner rolls or slider buns, halved
- Fresh basil or arugula leaves for topping
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine corn flakes, parsley, egg, oil, 2 tablespoons marinara, 2 tablespoons cheese, salt and pepper. Add ground beef and mix together. Roll mixture into 12 meatballs, placing on prepared baking sheet as you go.
Place on rack in center of oven and bake for 20 minutes, until cooked through. Set aside and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Place basil on bottom half of each roll, add a dollop of reserved marinara, top with a meatball, drizzle with more marinara, sprinkle with cheese and cover with roll top.
Arrange on plates, serve with one or two simple sides (ideas below) and wait for the compliments to roll in!
Ideas for sides
- Crudités with dip or sliced fruit
- Green salad
- French fries
- Favorite specialty chips