The girls and I put together a little Holiday themed yoga (with lots of stretching) sequence and are so excited to share! I’ve mentioned a couple times (here + no. 11 here) that we use yoga to help all of us slowdown, wind-down and reconnect and with the hustle and bustle of Christmas and endless opportunities to consume sugar I figured we all could use some zen-ness!
Hopefully the names and moves make it easy to remember! A little description of each…
- GINGERBREAD HOUSE – a house pose with feet apart and hands together over your head to make a roof.
- CHRISTMAS TREE – same a the tree pose, hands together to make the top of the tree, and depending on level of difficulty and balance, place foot above or below your knee.
- STAR – feet apart and hands out at your side… then can’t resist doing some jumping jacks (slash elves).
- CANDY CANE – bend side to side to stretch!
- SNOW DOG – classic downward dog, but don’t forget to lift each leg and shake the snow off.
- MAKE COOKIES – stretch your legs and core by grabbing dough, rolling it out, then grabbing flour, cookie cutters, frosting and sprinkles as you turn to each side.
- REINDEER – gotta get ready to pull santa’s sleigh so stretch out that booty by pulling your knee to chest and then adding antlers with your hands, because you’re a reindeer, ha! :)
- SANTA’S SLEIGH – normally called the bow pose.
- SUGAR PLUM – we always finish by resting on our backs or stomaches… if it’s right before bedtime we’ll add some deep breaths and close our eyes, if not it always ends up in a pig pile!
What other poses or stretches could you give a Christmas-y name?
How do you guys like to slowdown during the holidays?
I go through stages when it comes to my color preferences and the things I buy for my closet or home. Depending on the season, I tend to gravitate towards a certain color, palette or hue, but there is one color I will always say yes to no matter the season or trends: RED. It’s […]
I’m back and ready to spill the beans on all the best things to do in Leavenworth, WA with kids! I know this won’t be as helpful to those outside of the Pacific Northwest, but hopefully the home video and images are somewhat entertaining and make you want to plan a road trip! WHAT TO […]
There are two different kinds of people. Ones that see what they like and devour it because it’s just so good and those that see something they like and take it in small doses so it lasts as long as humanly possible. I think this concept can be applied to almost every area of life […]
After a few email requests I thought it was time to bring back one of my favorite posts ever…. a scratch off advent calendar. Tilly was a squeaky clean 5 year old in these pics. Also worth noting is her amazing outfit. I think she wore that t-shirt weekly for 3 straight years and coincidentally, […]
I’ve been to Leavenworth more times than I can count and most of the time I’m excited to eat, visit and do all the things at our usual spots but every once in awhile something new pops up that I can’t wait to try with Johan and the kids. This time it happened to be […]
A little belated since I meant to share this post on Thanksgiving Day but I wanted to make sure you know how much I appreciate you! Thank you for being here. For being part of our fam. For the endless encouragement, ideas and stories you share. I don’t take a single comment or email for […]
I’ve been chatting with some of my mom friends both online and in person lately about their style wants and needs and for the most part, they all have similar answers: TO LOOK STYLISH-COOL-EFFORTLESS WHILE FEELING COMFY-RELAXED Pretty much sums it up, yeah? I’ve got some fun stuff planned for us around this updated idea […]
Shared something that was on my heart today over on Instagram and didn’t want you to miss out on it so am going to repost here too: A sneaky little reminder as we head into the holidays this week: You are enough and you are doing enough. Once upon a time I was a single […]
We’ve been in a bit of a blissful post-sports-season lull around our home since last saturday and I’m not gonna lie, this mama that appreciates a packed calendar is LOVING the slowness and togetherness. Nothing like going from having multiple teams and sports happening 6 days a week to almost nothing except off season baseball […]
A couple weeks ago, Johan and I stayed a few blocks away from Pike Place at the Palladian hotel for an overnight date and had the best time. We kept things very low-key and tried a new restaurant, shopped at the market, dressed like grownups, drank coffee while it was still hot, talked about the kids, […]