I know i’ve been a broken record lately when it comes to the weather but it feels like winter and spring have teamed up and are playing a really bad joke on us. Lately, we’ve been getting a random mix or sunshine and hail with buckets of rain in between. Super fun stuff. Especially while watching a baseball game, lol. Up until last week I was feeling alone in my springtime woes here in the PNW. However, after sharing an Instagram poll asking who was having fun in the sun and who was still having to bundle up, it turns out most of us (74%) are still waiting for spring to arrive.
So I figured we could all use a little pep-talk. I just hope you guys aren’t sick of all my lists… Feeling like it’s kind of the spring thing to do :)
5 WAYS TO FAKE SPRING
- ADD SOME POPS OF COLOR. Pullout all all the brightly colored things from hibernation (i.e. the back of the drawer, closet or linen cupboard) and add to your lips, wardrobe or home! Flowers are always a good idea too!
- RETAIL THERAPY THE SMART WAY. No one wants to make a warm weather purchase that ends up going on sale before you’re able to wear it! Instead of clicking the purchase button right away, add a few things from your spring/summer wishlist to your virtual cart and wait for those sales to start! FYI: My cotton candy colored jeans are on sale plus 30% off right now at madewell!
- DIFFUSE OILS & TURN-UP THE FEEL GOOD MUSIC. My favorite blend right now is 6 drops grapefruit, 4 drops lemon and 2 drops peppermint. As for the music, we’ve been listening to a lot of country lately. 60’s music is always a fun way to lighten the mood too! (we have this diffusor and it works great!)
- LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE (even when it’s cloudy). Spring is the season of planning, organizing and being productive. Sure, I might feel more motivated to work in the yard or do other spring cleaning items if the weather was nicer, but I would probably also be more distracted.
- MAKE SPRING THINGS IN THE KITCHEN. Take advantage of all the new spring produce and flavors and get busy whipping up yummy desserts (like this one), cocktails and dinners! Hoping to try this drink over the weekend… good practice for Cinco de Mayo!
Hello, Spring. Are you there?
Wish I had been eavesdropping on Poppy’s convo, LOL.
Also, banana phones have been trending around our house since taking these pics. So funny to hear the kids have pretend conversations with each other!
Summer will be here before we know it so I guess I should be more thankful and intentional with this season, no matter the weather! More planning + prepping and less complaining :)
Rain or shine, what’s your favorite part about Spring?
Kids are naturally curious, joyful, and magical little humans with their own funny quarks and uniqueness and as their parents its easy to see their genius. Yet, no matter how much I believe in their abilities and potential, life has a sneaky way of exposing kids to criticism, comparison and the pressure to succeed. One […]
After a few requests, regarding what the kids had in their carry-on bags on our trip to AZ, I thought it would be fun to share some details and thoughts on the subject. After all, it’s one of my favorite parts of traveling! Probably because it keeps my distracted and excited mind somewhat productive while […]
If you’ve followed along with us over on Instagram for any amount of time, you’ve probably noticed that we’re big ice cream junkies. So leave it to us to find away to eat it for breakfast! Scooped over a warm bowl of steel cut oats, is a favorite around here. The ice cream melts perfectly […]
When your a pint sized traveler, vacationing usually starts once the bags are packed and loaded in the car. But for those of us adulting, it starts long after the security check. Today we’re making the process a little easier on you with some cute luggage tags you can print at home, fill-out and tie […]
I love how wardrobe options change with the seasons and get excited for cute spring and summer outfits, but the truth is that no matter the time of year, you’ll usually find me in some combination of t-shirt (or sweatshirt) and jeans. With all the denim and t-shirt options out there it’s an easy, effortless, […]
Heyyyyyy sweet friends! I hope you had an amazing Easter with family and friends over the weekend! Still can’t get this scripture out of my head, “GOD told them, ‘I’ve never quit loving you and never will. Expect love, love, and more love!”‘ (Jer. 31:3). It’s a crazy kinda love we get to experience and […]
Poppy’s mantra — feed me and tell me I’m pretty. So it’s no surprise she’s 100% smitten with Espen in this pic, who just finished making guacamole for them to snack on. And I kinda think she’s onto something because there is nothing cuter than a guy (big or small) that knows his way around […]
Heyyyyy, peeps! We have less than two weeks before Easter and I’m doing my best to get all my eggs in the correct baskets (if you know what I mean) before our plane takes off for spring break. Trying to keep to a small budget and think I’m just about finished but would love to […]
The countdown chain has been made, a to do list has been written and bags are starting to be packed — or should I say, piles are starting to be made — for our trip to Arizona over spring break and I would love suggestions for places to visit, eat and play! You guys always have […]
We’re pretty much always ready and geared up for rain in Seattle, but it’s officially rainy season everywhere else and while we’re not quite “singing in the rain”, there’s no need to stay cooped up inside after a long and cold winter. Linking some of my favorite rain gear finds and a few other fun […]