Feels so good to be prepping for all the spring and summer fun! Here’s a cheatsheet of what I try to keep stocked in Poppy’s closet and our favorite picks for spring from her favorite stores: H+M, J.Crew (everything is currently 30%-50% off rn!), Nordstrom, Gap/Old Navy, Athleta, and Alice & Ames
GIRL’S SPRING WARDROBE LIST FOR THE NON-CAPSULE WARDROBE, LOL:
- WARM LAYERS: 2 cardigans, 2 seasonal jackets, 4-7 sweatshirts/hoodies
- TOPS + TEES: 10-12 tees (mix of solid, patterned, and graphic) and 2-3 cute tops (like this one I forgot to add!)
- PANTS + SHORTS: 2-3 nice pants, 5-7 leggings or sweats, 2-3 nice shorts, 5-7 play shorts
- SETS, ROMPERS, JUMPSUITS, + DRESSES: 3+ of whatever she likes and will wear… usually rompers and sets for Poppy!
- SHOES: 1-2 water shoes, 1-2 sandals, 1-2 fashion sneaker (like converse/vans/nike), 1 athletic sneaker
- SWIM: 3-5 swimsuits (we live in them all summer so might as well get stocked up in spring for trips!)
- PAJAMAS: I try to stick to 7-8 seasonal pairs, year round. Once the weather warms up enough, my kids often sleep in cute undies and basic/undershirt tanks.
- ACCESSORIES: Can’t put a limit on all the seasonal sunnies, bucket and baseball hats, and cute bags for all the treasures and outings.
I always try to go through the kids’ closets before a big haul and get rid of anything that’s too small, damaged, or that they don’t wear so I can see what holes need to be filled! It also helps to look at what colors/patterns they have a lot of, and what might fit in well with what they already have… could they use some neutrals and basics, or some pattern and pops of color? Are they mostly wearing pinks and yellows? Or sweats and tees? Keep that party train going… No need to add too much variety when they know what they like!
Will be back later today or tomorrow with a roundup for the boys, and then later this week for the teens.
Leave a Reply