Today we’re combining a snack-time staple (popcorn!) with a summer-time favorite (s’mores!) to make the ultimate crowd-pleasing treat. Bonus that it’s easier to make and less messy than its fire roasted counterpart. Can’t wait to make it for our next family movie night or get together. The ingredients and how-to are below if you want to do the same!
Having the right tools makes all the difference! Love this giant enamel bowl and air popper (for under $20!) we purchased right before summer break. Being able to make big batches of homemade popcorn this time of year especially, might be the best mom-hack I know.
S’MORES POPCORN RECIPE
- air popcorn popper
- big mixing bowl and/or baking pan
- popcorn kernels, 6 cups popped
- favorite chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows
- graham crackers, broken into chunks (or teddy grahams would be fun!)
- butter + salt to taste
- lunch bags for serving (optional)
- Spread popcorn into a large rimmed baking dish. Toss with melted butter and salt to taste.
- Add graham crackers and marshmallows and toss again.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 20-30 seconds until fully melted. Using a fork, drizzle chocolate over the popcorn.
- Let sit long enough for chocolate to harden. Serve from baking dish or scoop into individual lunch bags (I trimmed our lunch bags to make it easier to snack) or bowls. Popcorn mix can also be stored and enjoyed later!
YUM! If it wasn’t 7am in the morning right now, I would go make some :)
Always a little chaotic in the kitchen when the kids are involved. Although, even if they aren’t helping, they always end up hanging out with me in the kitchen, playing with slime, chatting my ear off, snacking on anything they can get their hands on, throwing paper airplanes or driving around remote control objects. Either way, I wouldn’t change it. Even though there are definitely days when it gets to be a little much and I send them outside or turn on go noodle or maybe even yell a little, lol (I’m not a yeller).
Would you guys be interested in tips for cooking with kids???
Hope you’re able to make this yummy snack-treat for your next family movie night!! Maybe tonight?
What’s your go-to movie night snack?
P.S. – If you’re worried about chocolate fingers on your couch, set up a fun little indoor picnic area