It’s a big week around here! The kids wrap up school, Tilly graduates from Elementary (here she comes, middle school!), my brother and his family are moving home from Brooklyn for the summer, and it’s Father’s Day weekend! Did you see my shopping guide last week? Here’s a few more things happening around here:
- Quarantine Update: We’re officially in phase 2 (YAY!) and even though businesses are opening up and youth sports teams are talking about starting their seasons, things still feel very much up-in-the-air as far as what the rest of summer and fall will look like. Last week I listened to the super intendant’s plan for the upcoming school year and it left me feeling a little stressssssed to say the least, lol. Will definitely be coming up with a plan B and will probably be letting my kids decide if they want to go back or be home schooled. If anyone has a favorite homeschool curriculum or resource, I would love if you shared in the comments!
- Watching + Reading: Watched Remember the Titans the other day with the kids (such a good flick + is rated PG!), and The Help while folding laundry. Almost done listening to I’m Still Here by Austin Channing Brown and have The Third Option cued next… Super excited about that one! Shared on Stories the other day this book about kindness and this book and workbook for the kids… all so great!
- Shopping: I’m almost finished rounding up all the cute and functional kids clothes to share with you… also rediscovered H&M! How cute is this coat (such a great updated utility look + perf for summer to fall), this tunic top (gimme all the puffy sleeves), this graphic sweatshirt for evening firesides, this bucket bag to add to a simple outfit, and THESE POOL SLIDES, gah!!?
- Home Update: Gosh I was hoping I’d have more progress to share by now however, I’m pleased to announce that the ball is rolling and we should be cutting concrete to install new windows, doors and plumbing (hallelujah) for the basement within the next few weeks! Just waiting on a few more quotes so we can make final decisions — like black or white (we’ll prob go with white) and wood or vinyl (crossing my fingers for wood!). Anyways, more soon.
- To Hawaii or Not to Hawaii, That is the Question!?: We had plans to spend a week in Hawaii at the beginning of July, but because of travel restrictions won’t be able to go (booooo!). So now we’re trying to decide between finding a new destination (spoiled by a friend who could be a travel agent and has been looking into places) or saving it towards a Hawaii trip in the future… Fully realize this is a first world problem, but what would you guys do!?
Pics are from a walk to get takeout last Friday… Shared one and a few thoughts on having big kids on the gram if you’re interested!