Hiiii friends! It’s mah birfffday today, so thought it would be fun to play a little game of 2 truths and a lie for each season of my life so far. Of course, I broke the rules (oops!) and listed more than two truths, but would love to know if you can spot the lies!
K I D Y E A R S :
- I grew up going to CUBS games and love seeing them in the World Series.
- I learned to walk at 9 months and could swim a lap at 4 years.
- My name is my mom’s college roommates name backwards.
- I never had a non-costume Birthday party (even as a teen).
- I did a dance to ‘Walk Like an Egyptian’ for a 2nd grade talent show and ‘Jump’ in 5th grade.
- I was a ‘Natural Helper’ in elementary school.
- I loved my name growing up (and still do!).
- I always wanted to form a real life Babysitters Club like the books… it’s no wonder I have 5 kids!
- My childhood nicknames included, Spook, Boo, RaeBoo, and Little Me To (always wanting to tag along… FOMO!).
T E E N Y E A R S :
- I got a ‘tramp stamp’ when I turned 18.
- I loved to teepee houses.
- I tried out to be a cheerleader in high school and didn’t make it but still remember part of the dance to ‘Rappers Delight’ (and might have practiced last night) we had to learn.
- After High School I moved to Brentwood, CA and attended Santa Monica City College for a year while playing soccer and waiting tables.
- I gave out samples in Costco to earn money.
- I played Division I soccer.
- I was Homecoming queen.
” A D U L T ” Y E A R S :
- I didn’t travel outside the USA before my honeymoon.
- Our wedding venue only cost us $100 and so did my dress.
- With the exception of morning sickness, I luuuved being pregnant.
- I turned 21 the day Ozzie and I were released from the hospital, after he was born.
- My husband kissed my cousin at a college party once — before we started dating of course!!!
- Johan and I got engaged after 5 months of dating. My dad did not approve.
Oh, my. So fun thinking back — had to text a few peeps to fact check before posting which made it even better. Let me know in the comments what you think the lies are… hopefully I didn’t make it too easy!
Hope you have a bootiful Halloween with family and friends!!!
(images by Stacy Jacobsen)