I’ve always hesitated to share my daily skin and makeup routine because it’s v. basic, but after seeing the royal wedding and the brides’s makeup for the ceremony (if you missed it, look here!) I was feeling inspired and figured a simple beauty routine might be interesting and helpful enough to post. I’m sure there is a lot I could change, add or upgrade but here’s a short list of products I use on a mostly daily basis!
- MAC MATTE BRONZER – after lotion and foundation (if I’m wearing it), I’ll brush on a little bronzer around my hairline, jawline and under my cheekbones.
- SEPHORA BLUSH IN ORANGE POP – couldn’t find the exact one, but these shades look similar or I love this one.
- BRUSHES – are a random assortment, but I use the detail brush with my foundation to cover any skin or under-eyes situations that need extra attention. Then use the angled brush for blush (wouldn’t need to be angled, but that’s what I have, lol) and the bigger powder brush for bronzer. This set might be the most similar.
- RODAN + FIELDS REDEFINE EYE CREAM – feels so good! Put on my eyes at night and in the morning. Favorite for sure.
- L’OREAL VOLUMINOUS MASCARA – I’ve bought expensive mascaras before but always find myself going back for more of this. Feel like mascara is best for that first month or so after you buy it anyways so cheap is best.
- RODAN + FIELDS LASH BOOST – it’s supposed to make your lashes grow crazy long… I’ve only been using it for a couple weeks and definitely noticed a difference, but it takes 6 weeks so I’ll report back later :)
- RODAN + FIELDS REDEFINE EYE CLOTHS – Couldn’t find them online but use after washing my face at night and before my lash boost and eye cream. Cut cloths in half to make them last longer!
- MAC PRO LONGWEAR FOUNDATION – but i’ll probably switch to a lighter coverage with SPF for the summer!
- EUCERIN ORIGINAL HEALING LOTION – I’ve used it forever and should probably look into something different, but for now it works!
- DOVE BAR SOAP – not pictured but feel like it deserves a shoutout. Just a bar of soap and a wash cloth to help exfoliate and that’s it. I’ve used expensive cleansers before and just don’t notice enough of a difference on my skin to justify the expense.
- RODAN + FIELDS TONER – also not pictured but just started using (i.e. borrowing from my teenager) this a couple weeks ago and LOVE it. My skin feels more fresh and glowing and pretty even without makeup.
- CLEAN FREAK DRY SHAMPOO — I’ve only been using dry shampoo for emergency situations and this brand does the trick and works as good as anything else I’ve tried. If you know of an all-natural option that works really good, please share!
- LIVING PROOF INSTANT TEXTURE MIST – it’s a god-send on hair wash days when mine is too lazy to do anything or when I want to let it air dry. Also spray some when I want my curls to look more beachy.
Hopefully that wasn’t too boring for you guys, HA!
If you guys are wanting to try any of the R+F products, get in touch with my friend Lindsay! Her contact info is HERE! She’s super helpful and not pushy about anything either :)
Would love to hear what your favorite beauty and skincare items are. And if you have a talent for hair and makeup, please leave tips… or better yet, send help!!!