Yesterday the kids stayed home from school for a snow day so since I had built in taste testers and a spokesperson willing to model in her long-johns it seemed like the perfect opportunity to make more hot cocoa mix and put a Valentines-ish twist on the labels.
We also managed to find away to make pink hot cocoa mix! I’ll share details and a PDF of the labels below.
PINK HOT COCOA MIX (OR HERE’S A MORE TRADITIONAL RECIPE)
- 1/2 cup strawberry nesquik
- 2 cup powdered milk
- 3.3 oz instant white chocolate pudding mix
- white chocolate chips and/or mini marshmallows, optional
- THESE LABELS I MADE FOR YOU (optional)
- waterproof sticker paper (optional)
- smaller jars for giving or larger jar for storing (+ these cute scoopers)
- In a large bowl, whisk together strawberry nesquik, powdered milk and pudding mix.
- Store in glass or tupperware jar or divide into individual jars for gifting and top with mini marshmallows &/or chocolate chips.
- TO SERVE: add 2 tablespoons (to taste) to glass of warmed milk or water.
Do you have any Valentine’s that could use a stash of hot cocoa that would put their store-bought packets to shame? It’s so good! And I highly recommend making a big jar to keep for those extra chilly days.