We’re pretty much always ready and geared up for rain in Seattle, but it’s officially rainy season everywhere else and while we’re not quite “singing in the rain”, there’s no need to stay cooped up inside after a long and cold winter. Linking some of my favorite rain gear finds and a few other fun layers below.
Oh and for those days that listening to the rain is more appealing than splashing in it, I made a list of easy indoor activities too.
Gah! I love them.
When we asked Griffin to blow a bubble he looked at us like we were crazy and said, “I’m only six!” with a smile. He proceeded to study his sis to see how she was doing it and I just love that he was so cool about where he was at while also trying to learn something new. There were no comparisons or insecurities and it was just so inspiring to see. Kids are full of good reminders!
Officially filing “blowing bubbles” under things I’m really bad at doing in front of an audience. Right next to whistling and peeing :)
They are so much cooler than me.
CUTE GEAR FOR RAINY DAYS:
- Love these boots that the kids are wearing and they come in so many great colors along with some cute windbreakers too! You can also find them here for adults or on Amazon in yellow or midnight color.
- We’ve always had lots of luck with the plain black rainbows from Walmart too! And they’re only $15.
- Zara is always the first place I look when any of the kids need a coat because the price is reasonable and quality is good. They have this cute one for boys (that girls could wear too) and I love this raincoat Tilly is wearing. It’s rubberized and a generous length so I don’t have to wonder if she’s really staying dry or not! She’s in between size 9/10 so I ordered her a 10 and it fits great — enough room for layers but she isn’t swimming in it.
- I’m wearing this raincoat by Herschel (comes in navy) and I really like it! The men’s version of this same coat is 50% off right now too! Was also considering buying this one (on sale!) from J.Crew which had amazing reviews. Wish this one was in my budget tho…. leave it to google and marketing tools to add insult to injury because it keeps popping up in ads and my inbox, ha! I hate that so much. It’s also what my little brother does for a living so it kinda makes me laugh.
- My booties are from here but I also love these pink and black ones from Clad and Cloth.
- Sweatshirts (this one’s cute!) are another favorite thing to find at Zara for the kids. Griffin is wearing this one and I also snagged the red one for Tilly.
EASY INDOOR RAINY DAY ACTIVITIES:
- These giant posters are amazing and only $12
- I’ve shared it before and I’ll share it a million times – Go Noodle. Not sure where to start, look up “cat party”, “banana meatball” or anything on Moose Tube like “peanut butter in a cup”, … They also have mindfulness exercises AND you can also watch on a smart TV with the YouTube app.
- Make paddle balloons (like in this pic)
- Baking anything and everything — can’t wait to make these easter candy bars soon and these chocolate chip big batch freezer cookies are always a good idea.
- Letting the kids “do” the dishes. Or paint with water colors in the tub. Water play FTW!
- Hide and seek
- Monkey string
- Turn on a movie soundtracks and dance or act it out (current fave: The Greatest Showman)
- Indoor picnics — lay out blankets to eat on, then shake all the crumbs off outside when your done.
Feeling extra ready for those April showers.
Out of curiosity, what’s the weather like where you live?