We’ve been in full-blown Valentine’s day mode for the last couple weeks and it’s been so much fan that I’ll be sad to see it go. One of our favorite activities has been these heart shaped glasses inspired by miss Tilly Jane. She is always searching for crafts and projects to do, especially when paint is involved!
These glasses took a little bit of prep work with the printing and cutting but once the templates and paints were set up and ready they were simple to paint and put together and would be a great activity for younger kids or classrooms parties.
Keep scrolling for the template download, supplies and instructions…
(Poppy’s top from my fave etsy shop!)
DECORATED HEART GLASSES PDF TEMPLATE (click to download!)
- scissors/x-acto knife
- paint and paint brushes +/or other decorating supplies (pom-poms, glitter glue, washi tape, etc.)
- card stock and printer
- thin cardboard (optional) like poster board for more sturdy glasses
- glue or tape
- cellophane wrap in different colors (optional for lenses)
- There are a couple different ways to do this. Either print template on card stock, cutout and get ready to decorate OR print template, trace onto poster board, cutout and then prepare to decorate.
- Decorate using paint or other craft supplies. Let dry.
- Fold the tabs on either side of the heart frames and attach the temples (or arms of the glasses) using glue or tape. If making for a smaller child you might want to trim the temples so they fit better. If you have cellophane, cut to size and glue to the inside of the hearts to make lenses.
Aren’t they cute?
Do you have any favorite Valentine projects, snacks or activities?
PS – If you are still in need of classroom Valentines and don’t mind printables, we are still taking orders for print ready PDF files in the Design Shop for the next few days!