Wether you live in a home with pro slime makers or you’re a pro at dodging the slime making requests, we think that there’s no time like this weekend to make some, package it up in easter eggs and share with friends! Bonus that our slime recipe is, while still pretty messy to make, less likely to get stuck in anyone’s hair or outfit. So far it’s also washed off of a couple of our throw pillows. If you’ve ever let your kids play with slime for more than 10 minutes, you know that’s not normally the case.
The recipe is below but you can also head to IGTV to see Matilda in her element as she shares her favorite slime concoction. The video was a last minute decision (around 2pm yesterday) inspired by the girls so the production quality isn’t the best and Johan deserves all the credit for piecing it together so quickly! Also, please try to ignore the fact that I make myself (and no one else) crack up 2 or 3 times during the 4 minute video — a quality I inherited from my mama :) ha!
HOW TO MAKE BUTTER SLIME FILLED EASTER EGGS
- plastic easter eggs (if they have air holes, cover with tape)
- 2 cups white elmer’s glue (or other brand)
- 1 heaping cup of foam shaving cream
- 1 teaspoon baby oil
- 2 tablespoons borax stirred into 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon of lotion
- 1/2 to 1 cup of model magic
- optional: food coloring drops of essential oil, mini foam balls, glitter, etc.
- In a large bowl, combine glue and shaving cream. Add 1-4 drops of food coloring as desired and stir.
- Add baby oil and stir.
- Add 2 teaspoons of borax and stir… it should be getting “gloopy” as you mix. Continue to add borax water 1 teaspoon at a time until you get a slime consistency. Stir in foam balls, glitter and essential oils if desired. (see IGTV video for reference)
- Knead in the model magic with your hands.
- Finally, add lotion and play with slime until fully mixed in.
- Fill plastic eggs with butter slime and hand out to friends!!!
S.L.A.T.T — slime love all the time.
Which, according to urban dictionary, is a gang term. I’m guessing the leader is a 10 year old girl.