Kitchen activity is sparse during the summer months and I actually appreciate the break but ever since Espen and Tilly took a cooking class with their friends a couple weeks ago, we’ve all been more inspired to spend time making and baking. Over the weekend, Ozzie, Tilly and I made these cute and delicious lemony no-bake mini cheese cakes. They don’t require too many ingredients or any time in the oven, and are easy enough to make with littler kids (if you don’t mind a little crumbly mess).
Try out the recipe below… They are delicious and sweet and would be even better with a few berries on top!
MINI NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE (makes 12)
For the Crust, You’ll Need:
- 15 graham crackers
- 2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
For the Filling, You’ll Need:
- 1-1/2 cups (13 oz.) cream cheese, at room temp.
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 – 14 oz. can sweeten condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Grease standard muffin tin and line each cup with strips of wax paper… See picture above. The strips make it easier to remove the cheesecakes from the tin.
- Roughly break graham crackers into a food processor. Add allspice and blend until finely crushed. Add butter and process until well combined.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom and sides of each muffin cup to form your crust. Use the bottom of a glass to press down if needed (Tilly liked this part). Place in freezer while you make filling.
- To make the filling, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add lemon zest, vanilla, condensed milk and lemon juice. Beat until mixture is creamy — about 5 minutes.
- Remove muffin tin from freezer and spoon filling into each cup.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Lift mini cheesecakes using waxed paper liners.
The hardest part is waiting for the cheesecake to set, but it’s so worth it!
P.S. – Here’s a healthier breakfast or snack version of the mini cheesecakes you might enjoy.